Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Manager 747 Flight Maintenance
at Atlas Air
- Job ID
- # of Openings
- Technical Operations
- Atlas Air, Inc
Responsible for reviewing all maintenance discrepancies for operational impact and develops an action plan to reduce or eliminate a delay. Manage, monitor and schedule all 747 flight mechanic activity.
- Coordinates the maintenance, tooling and parts support for all 747 maintenance activities with our vendors and internal departments.
- Coordinates parts and manpower requirements for engine/aircraft repair beyond the capability of contract vendors and monitors repair activities through to completion.
- Manages implementation of repair action plans.
- Actively monitor and schedule all 747 flight mechanic duties to ensure sufficient coverage is available as outlined in the GMM MM.
- Work with 747 flight mechanics and coordinate travel and hotel as needed.
- Analyzes problem areas and recommends corrective action through technical interaction with maintenance vendors, engineering and flight crews.
- Identifies chronic aircraft problems and develops detailed action plans for their repair.
- Briefs maintenance management on aircraft systems problems and provides corrective action plans.
- Travels with the aircraft to gather additional information on aircraft problems as required.
- Briefs HDQ Duty Manager and above on status of all aircraft.
- Provides on the job training for Maintenance Controllers.
- Actively monitor and schedule MIA MCC controllers to ensure 24 hour coverage, 7 days a week.
- Airframe and Powerplant License required.
- Minimum 5 years experience in the airline industry, preferably with wide-body aircraft.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Able to read wiring diagrams, structural repair manuals, maintenance manuals and illustrated parts catalogs.
- Experience with 747-200/300 and GMM.