Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Civil Engineering Intern
Atkins has the depth and breadth of expertise to respond to the most technically challenging and time-critical infrastructure projects and the urgent transition to a low-carbon economy.
Atkins seeks an energetic and highly motivated self-starter to join our Houston, TX Utilities and Engineering Group as a Civil Engineering Intern.
Under supervision, performs a variety of routine technical tasks to assist technicians, engineers, planners, architects, surveyors or scientists working in transportation, development, environmental, land surveying or other technical services of the company.
Note: This classification is used for college students who are enrolled in a related technical Bachelor's degree program at a Junior or Senior academic level and are hired for temporary work during their summer or other school break.
- Gathers, logs and summarizes field notes or other data to be used by technicians or professionals in technical studies or projects.
- Establishes and maintains records or files of technical data or documents.
- Performs mathematical calculations.
- Performs various routine drafting and CAD assignments.
- Assists in the preparation of graphic displays and presentation materials.
- Performs such other duties as the supervisor may from time to time deem necessary
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- High school plus two years of specialized training such as is obtained in vocational or technical school, or completion of an Associate's degree program in a related technical field, or completion of the first two years in a four-year college or university technical program.
- No experience is required with a related Associate's degree or its equivalent; two years of related experience is required without such formal training.
- Job requires knowledge of testing concepts, tools, and methodologies; strong technical and interpersonal skills; solid writing, analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to supervise others, provide leadership, and manage project production.
- Ability to manage multiple concurrent projects and motivate professional staff.
- Ability to communicate technical concepts to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Ability to work effectively with managers and system users to assess needs and analyze problems.
- Math skills and drafting/CAD ability are generally desired.
- Computer skills required to enter data in spreadsheets or databases.
Atkins offers its employees a robust rewards package which includes: a competitive salary; a broad benefits package including medical/RX, dental, vision, life, disability, legal, hospitalization and other valuable voluntary options; generous time-off programs; flexible work schedules; 401(k) with employer match; professional and career development opportunities through our corporate university, as well as a highly-regarded tuition reimbursement program; and an unmatched culture focused on client-service, quality, and tireless pursuit of excellence in all we do. Atkins is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. EOE/Minorities/Females/Vet/Disability.
Please view Atkins Equal Opportunity Statement here:
Atkins cares about your privacy.
Please consult our Privacy Notice to know more about how we collect, use and transfer your Personal Data.
By submitting your personal information to Atkins, you confirm that you have read and accept our Privacy Notice.
Atkins will not accept unsolicited resumes from recruiters, headhunters, contract recruiters, search firms or employment agencies. In the event a recruiter or agency submits a resume or candidate, Atkins explicitly reserves the right to recruit and hire those candidate(s) at its discretion, and without any financial obligation whatsoever to the recruiter or agency. Any such unsolicited resume or candidate contact information, including those submitted directly to Atkins hiring managers or any other employee, shall become the property of Atkins upon receipt.