Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
SIU - Special Investigator II
at Assurant Solutions
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 57138
Categories: Police/Fire/Emergency Personnel
Assurant is hiring a Special Investigator II for the Houston, TX area. This is a remote based position covering a geographical area. The Special Investigator protects the assets of the organization by the investigation of questionable claims. Key responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Conduct timely investigations of suspected fraudulent claims to ensure a prompt and accurate claims decision both in the field and desk.
- Identify persons or organizations that are involved in suspicious insurance related activities.
- Work with state fraud bureaus, law enforcement agencies and other special investigative units in combating insurance fraud.
- Initiate referrals to State Insurance Department Fraud Bureaus.
- Analyze results of investigations to determine course of action along with documentation of activities.
- Conduct interviews and obtains detailed recorded statements from all involved parties.
- Conduct thorough searches using investigative databases, internal resources, Internet resources, and public records to locate parties and collect evidence to determine if potential fraud exists
- Analyze photos to investigate questionable claims.
- Develop and maintain a rapport with local networks to include law enforcement, vendors and industry experts.
Bachelor's Degree in Criminal Justice, Business or Criminal Justice Degree in Basic Law Enforcement from accredited college is preferred.
- Five years in law enforcement (investigative work experience) or a minimum of three years in a Special Investigation Unit/Private Investigation experience or Insurance Claims experience.
- Working knowledge of special investigative techniques. Effective communicator with analytical skills. Strong knowledge of researching databases is required.
- Detail-oriented with strong organizational skills, able to work well under deadlines in a changing environment and perform multiple tasks effectively and concurrently.
- Demonstrated ability to manage relationships with both internal and external customers.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively independently and within a collaborative team oriented environment using sound judgment in decision-making.
- Excellent communication skills both oral and written skills with strong analytical skills to investigate insurance fraud.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Microsoft Office products (Excel, PowerPoint, and Word) and claims related software programs.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment
- Handle high volume of investigations and remain timely on status reports