Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Process Engineering Summer Intern 2019
at Ashland, LLC.
- Requisition #
- # of Openings
Are you the kind of person that is always thinking, sketching, seeking, and adjusting? Who needs to understand how things work and then figure out how they can work better? Are you a passionate, tenacious, solver who loves to work with others who share your drive? Are you positive, constructive, and ingenious?
Are you always solving? Then we’d like to meet you and bet you’d like to meet us.
Ashland LLC has an exciting opportunity for a Process Engineering 2019 Summer Intern to join our Process Engineering group at our Texas City, TX plant. This is a very visible, significant role within the Company and the manufacturing function. This position will report to the Operations Manager. The Process Engineering Intern will work to support production performance and improvement goals. The candidate will have the opportunity to work in a production/plant environment. This position will provide experience the individual can use to relate directly to his/her University course work. This individual will work with Process Engineers to learn the plant processes, support production trials, gather data, analyze the data using statistical analysis, and implement process improvements.
The responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Follow all plant safety policies and help create a safe working environment.
- Participate in PHA activities, including scenario development and action-item resolution.
- Work with Process Engineers to support daily production goals and improvement activities.
- Support process improvements by following trials and gathering/analyzing data.
- Make updates to process procedures/drawings, and conduct operator training where required.
- Perform day-to-day process performance monitoring, and report findings to the Process Engineers.
- Perform Laboratory-scale trials as needed to support profitability improvement efforts.
- Support/manage the implementation of small capital projects with contractors.
- Work with Plant Maintenance to implement small expense projects.
- Participate on quality and process improvement teams where appropriate.
In order to be qualified for this role, you must possess the following:
- Candidate must currently be enrolled in college working to obtain a ChE degree from an accredited university.
- Individual must currently have 3.0 GPA or higher and have completed three years of coursework.
- Applicant must be a self-starter with a passion for learning and be willing to work in a plant environment.
- Individual must also have the ability to interface well with employees involved in process engineering work, including Process Operators, Contractors, Maintenance Technicians, Laboratory Technicians, Process/Manufacturing Engineers, Operations Manager, Maintenance Manager, and members of plant’s Leadership Team
The following Physical/Mental abilities are preferred by the business unit:
- Individual must be able to respond appropriately during site emergencies as directed by the Site Emergency Manager.
- Must be capable of evacuating the manufacturing process areas in a timely manner should an emergency situation arise.
- The candidate must also be able to wear and properly utilize appropriate personal protective equipment if required to work or visit within the manufacturing process area. This may include hard hat, safety glasses, respirators, ear plugs, steel-toed shoes, or other equipment as required by the work performed and location the work is being performed.
- Other physical activities may include walking, climbing stairs, bending, stooping, kneeling, lifting up to 25 lbs., or reaching depending on the work activity required.
- Work is performed in an office/plant environment with frequent trips to the operating units to assess equipment or processes, perform inspections and/or collect data.
- May be required to operate Company vehicle on Company business. Confined space entry may be required.
- Candidate must also have the ability to 1) identify critical issues and formulate action plans with all levels of management, including Corporate, 2) develop and foster a positive work environment at all levels, and 3) resolve conflicts through problem resolution skills.
- The individual must also have the ability to identify quality improvement opportunities and formulate action plans for implementation. This requires exceptional work planning and problem-solving skills.
TO APPLY FOR THIS POSITION, please select the Apply button. If no Apply button is provided, please visit Ashland's Career Center. Once there, enter job number 2018-7306 in the Keyword Search field to find this posting and apply on-line.
NOTE: We do not accept resumes from external staffing agencies or independent recruiters for any of our openings unless we have a signed recruiting agreement in place to fill a specific position.
Ashland Global Holdings Inc. (NYSE: ASH) is a premier, global specialty chemicals company serving customers in a wide range of consumer and industrial markets, including adhesives, architectural coatings, automotive, construction, energy, food and beverage, personal care and pharmaceutical. At Ashland, we are approximately 6,500 passionate, tenacious solvers – from renowned scientists and research chemists to talented engineers and plant operators – who thrive on developing practical, innovative and elegant solutions to complex problems for customers in more than 100 countries. Our people are distinguished by their ability to create and apply specialized chemistry in ways that enable customers to amplify the efficacy, refine the usability, add to the allure, ensure the integrity, and improve the profitability of their products and applications. Visit ashland.com to learn more.
Ashland. always solving™
We are passionate, tenacious, solvers who thrive on developing practical, innovative and elegant solutions to complex problems in applied chemistry, always pushing the boundaries of what’s possible, and advancing the competitiveness of our customers across diverse industries.
Our people—molecular scientists, chemists, process engineers, logisticians, research scientists, economists, analysts, compliance auditors, salespeople, safety experts and more—are distinguished by their ability to create and apply specialized chemistry in ways that enable customers to amplify the efficacy, refine the usability, add to the allure, ensure the integrity, and improve the profitability of their products and applications.
The Ashland Way
Our vision, mission, way and values are the foundation for what makes Ashland, Ashland. What we aspire to accomplish, how we work every day toward that vision, and the way that we do things are what give substance to the promises we make to each other, customers and investors.
Our vision is to make a better world by providing creative solutions through the application of specialty ingredients and materials.
Our mission is to develop practical, innovative, and elegant solutions to complex problems in applied chemistry, always pushing the boundaries of what’s possible, and advancing the competitiveness of our customers across diverse industries.
Our way is to respect, protect, and advance the people we work with, companies we serve, shareholders who invest in our future, communities we’re a part of, and planet we share.
Ashland is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled/Gender Identity/Sexual Orientation.
Ashland is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.