Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior Structural Engineer
Job Reference #: HOU00003O
We are currently seeking a Senior Structural Engineer to work as part of a design team on a number of projects in our Houston office. The hired candidate will join a multidisciplinary team of engineers and assist with various aspects.
Job responsibilities will include but not limited to the following:
· Responsible for preparing and coordinating structural engineering analysis documentation for civil structures, including marine structures and bridge structures.
· Oversee the structural analysis and modeling of large structures, onshore, and coastal using load resistance factor and limit state design methods.
· Design in both concrete and steel structures.
· Develop and/or Review structural analysis philosophies
· Design structural elements for energy related projects
· Prepare, check or review analysis calculation packages detailing the systems analyzed.
· Prepare, check or review summary engineering reports for the systems analyzed.
· Coordinate work with engineers of other disciplines
· Project and team administration duties including management of man-hours to within agreed project targets.
· Supervise Graduate and Project Engineers on project work
· Attend meetings and communicate with clients to establish their needs and discuss design issues with them
Qualified candidates will have the following:
· Civil/Structural Engineering degree with a sound knowledge of structural mechanics and analysis fundamentals including design for strength, seismic and cyclic (fatigue) conditions.
· A minimum of 10 years post graduate experience in analysis and design.
· PE/SE is required.
· Demonstrable experience with leading structural design projects, including analysis, reporting, and drawing production.
· Experience with engineering software, such as Midas, STAAD, Strand 7, LSDyna or similar, demonstrable skills in scripting for analysis purposes.
· Proficient in use of MS Office programs such as MS Word, Excel
· Excellent interpersonal skills will be needed to develop and maintain effective relationships with clients, engineers, contractors and other team members.
· Construction site experience would be advantageous.
· Good communication & people skills, team player
· Excellent planning and organization skills required for our fast-paced environment
· Must be highly motivated, proactive and willing to take on new challenges
Arup is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.