Arrow Child & Family Ministries
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Residential Counselor - PRN Evenings
at Arrow Child & Family Ministries
- 07-Oct-2019 to 06-Nov-2019 (CST)
- Freedom Place
- Spring, TX, USA
Freedom Place, the only accredited domestic sex trafficking recovery program in the nation, aids in the recovery process of girls 9-18 who have been victims of commercial sexual exploitation. This is a residential program with a structured, home-like environment where females between the ages of 9 and 18 receive therapy, treatment planning, psychiatric and psychological services and accredited academic instruction.
Based on the special needs of the children served, only female candidates will be considered for this position.
As a Residential Counselor you will:
- Provide direct supervision to residents, accompanying them to on and off campus activities
- Be a part of a team that offers adolescents a safe place to live, bringing positive and progressive changes to the girls' behavior and outlook
- Play a vital role in the assessment and treatment of the residents in support of her treatment plan, helping each girl to heal from the past and begin a hopeful future
- High school diploma/GED; bachelor's preferred
- At least one (1) year of experience working with children and families, preferably in the child welfare industry
- Must be 21 years of age and hold a valid driver's license
- Must successfully pass background screenings required by the state as well as submit and pass pre-employment and random drug testing
- Interpersonal skills to remain calm, supportive and professional but maintain a firm approach with the residents
- Work requires physical preparedness and the ability to assist in physical interventions and restraints
- Must be flexible with scheduling and weekends