Argus Media Limited
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior Client Engagement Manager
at Argus Media Limited
Position: Senior Client Engagement Manager
Location: Houston, TX
Argus is a fast-growing global B2B media company providing essential information to the energy industry. Argus benchmarks are used globally throughout the energy sector for formula pricing in contracts, as a taxation reference, in investment planning and for a variety of other purposes.
We are currently looking for an outstanding Senior Client Engagement Manager to join our highly successful commercial team, and recently formed Global Accounts team. The Senior Client Engagement Manager will play a vital role in consolidating and developing long-term relationships at all levels of a small number yet highly strategic portfolio of accounts.
While providing on-going support to this highly strategic account portfolio and delivering a first-class service, the Senior Client Engagement Manager’s primary focus will be to:
- Protect Argus existing revenue
- Encourage the further use of Argus products
- Identify, evaluate and execute business opportunities relating to new price assessments and new products
- Help shape changes to Argus product line and launches of new offerings in response to industry feedback
- Build the company profile within this customer base and promote the Argus brand.
- Promote, explain and answer all matters concerning Argus and its products
- Educate clients on how to maximize the value they receive from a relationship with Argus Media
- Present Argus’ platforms, analytical tools and applications through demonstrations to clients and partners
- Attend and coordinate marketing presence at conferences, events, and dedicated client events
- Ensure we retain existing users focusing heavily on high customer satisfaction and support
- Co-ordinate with colleagues across the US and globally.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Commercial experience: the ideal candidate has worked at a commodities trading floor or had some prior commercial experience in commodities
- Successful track record in account management with experience or knowledge of data/IP account management preferable
- 10+ years of experience building effective interpersonal relationships internally and externally with key influencers and decision-makers
- International: experience of working in various cultures across the Americas and globally.
- Self-driven, results-oriented with a positive outlook, and a clear focus on high quality and commercial benefit
- Well-presented, credible, and able to influence senior executives at large and small firms
- Sufficiently mobile and flexible to travel locally and internationally 50% of the time
- Empathic communicator, able to see things from the other person's point of view
- Ability to work effectively and collaboratively in a team-oriented environment
- A natural forward planner who critically assesses own performance
- Strong verbal and written communication skills required
- Reliable, tolerant, and determined
- Ethical, fair and of high integrity.
Travel to meet with clients at least 50% of the time.
Argus is an independent media organization with almost 1,000 staff. It is headquartered in London and has 23 offices in the world’s principal commodity trading and production centers. Argus produces price assessments and analysis of international energy and other commodity markets, and offers bespoke consulting services and industry-leading conferences.
Companies in 140 countries around the world use Argus data to index physical trade and as benchmarks in financial derivative markets as well as for analysis and planning purposes.
Argus was founded in 1970 and is a privately held UK-registered company. It is owned by employee shareholders and global growth equity firm General Atlantic.
- Competitive salary
- Group medical, dental and vision plans
- Company paid long term disability and life insurance plan
- Group 401(k) safe harbor retirement plan with a 4% company match
- 15 vacation days your first year, which increases up to 25 days
- Subsidized gym membership
- Extensive internal and external training
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled