Argus Media Limited
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Security Operations Analyst (AWS required)
at Argus Media Limited
Argus is a fast-growing global B2B media company providing essential information on commodity markets. As a business, we continue to grow and evolve, adding new markets, new services, new delivery options, and improved analytical tools.
We make extensive use of modern technology and are heavily invested in the cloud. Our in-house development team develops and supports several client-facing
A part of our continuous improvement program we see seek to expand our Security Operations team, working closely with other regions within a support model that is moving towards a 24/7 service. This is an excellent opportunity for someone to gain invaluable experience in a fast paced, rapidly growing business environment.
The Security Operations Analyst will be a critical player supporting a growing application, network and server infrastructure. The role encompasses a wide range of technologies, including AWS, Windows, Linux and networking, and the candidate would be comfortable with the occasional desktop issue.
We are looking for an exceptional candidate to work with the global team to affect change and improve current processes and procedures.
• Active monitoring and responding to security events and incidents escalating as required for remediation.
• Contribute to improving the security monitoring systems and tools to reduce false-positives and more accurately and quickly identifying security events and remediating them.
• Maintain AWS security governance policies, including custom IAM policies, security groups, NACLs, and S3 bucket policies.
• Security hardening servers, desktops and network devices.
• Assisting the Security team with compliance audit activities.
• Training and coaching of security policies, processes, procedures, best practices, awareness, and other such training to the technology support teams.
• Keeping abreast with the latest vulnerabilities, attacks, and security tools to stay current with security trends and risks.
• Participate in OS patch management and coordination using patch management tools such as BitDefender GravityZone.
• Test Windows and Linux security patch packages.
• Troubleshoot Windows and Linux OS and application security patch installations.
• Monitor and report on the implementation of intrusion detection, firewall policies and malware software.
• Participate in ongoing operations projects.
• Participate in
Skills and Experience
• Experience with active monitoring and providing feedback about security trends and risks as they relate to business systems, policies, processes, and infrastructure.
• Proven experience with security threat remediation, patch management compliance, and reporting.
• Operational experience with security controls, driving remediation required, performing root cause analysis and implementing continuous improvement process opportunities.
• Intermediate-level knowledge in one or more specific technical areas, network/cloud security, malware detection/analysis, threat intelligence, cryptography, vulnerability management, incident response, forensics, social engineering, or hacking techniques.
• Implementing and managing endpoint security controls and best practices in an enterprise environment.
• Implementing security policies and practices in AWS.
• Scripting / Development experience is desirable
• Ability to read, interpret, write and correct AWS IAM and other security-related policies
• Experience developing on native AWS capabilities, including serverless architectures to deploy and manage security solutions
• Hands-on experience with automated log review, alerting and data analytics.
• Experience within a 24x7 production environment, preferably across multiple datacenters and 3rd party cloud environments
About Argus Media
Argus is a leading energy and commodity price reporting agency providing data, news and insight as well as conference and consulting services. Companies in more than 140 countries around the world use Argus prices to index physical trade and as benchmarks in financial derivative markets as well as for analysis and planning purposes.
Half of Argus' 900 employees are commodity journalists who specialise in reporting news and price information relating to physical energy and related commodity markets. They operate according to a rigorous Editorial Code of Conduct and a Compliance and Ethics Policy that align with best journalistic practice, including the avoidance of conflicts of interest.
Argus was founded in 1970 and is a privately held UK-registered company. It is owned by staff shareholders and global growth equity firm General Atlantic.
Our rapidly-growing, award winning business offers a dynamic environment for talented, entrepreneurial professionals to achieve results and grow their careers. Argus recognises and rewards successful performance and as an Investor in People, we promote professional development and retain a high-performing team committed to building our success.
• Competitive salary and company bonus
• Group healthcare and life assurance
• 10 company-paid holidays
• Subsidized gym membership
• Extensive internal and external training