Argus Media Limited
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Markets Reporter – Natural Gas
at Argus Media Limited
Argus is a fast-growing global B2B media company providing essential information on commodity markets. We are growing quickly, adding new markets, new services, new delivery options, and improved analytical tools.
Argus is seeking a markets reporter to join its North American Natural Gas team. US Natural Gas markets are some of the most dynamic and unpredictable, prone high volatility due to weather or sudden supply disruptions. The ideal candidate is innately curious and personable, able to quickly become a subject matter expert and lead coverage within a designated product portfolio. He or she will have a solid awareness of economics; understanding of natural gas, power and emissions markets is helpful.
- Provide real-time, breaking news coverage for an online news service.
- Write analysis and feature stories for daily publications.
- Produce multiple stories on any given day, adding all needed context and background.
- Synthesize complex market and industry information quickly.
- Contribute to presentations as directed by management.
- Develop and maintain rapport with key contacts, and liaise regularly with industry stakeholders.
- Develop new contacts to aid with newsgathering and general market intelligence.
- Maintain existing databases and build new databases as needed, to enhance coverage.
- Cover conferences and events (some travel required).
- Adhere to strict deadlines.
- Provide subject-matter expertise to other Argus departments.
- Work on special projects as needed.
Skills and Experience
- The legal authorization to work in the US for any US employer.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in journalism, English, communications, economics, business, history, or relevant field.
- A minimum of 2 years of prior experience with energy markets.
- A general understanding of the energy industry preferred
- Demonstrated goal-oriented collaboration skills, with strong diplomatic and problem-solving ability.
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in a professional publishing capacity or in an analyst role.
- A basic understanding of markets.
- A commitment to the highest level of accuracy and completing all writing within established deadlines.
- Strong experience with Microsoft Office Suite, including Excel.
- The willingness and ability to travel up to 5% of the time in order to fulfill the responsibilities of this position
About Argus Media
Argus is an independent media organization with almost 950 staff. It is headquartered in London and has 21 offices in the world’s principal commodity trading and production centers. Argus produces price assessments and analysis of international energy and other commodity markets and offers bespoke consulting services and industry-leading conferences.
Companies in 140 countries around the world use Argus data to index physical trade and as benchmarks in financial derivative markets as well as for analysis and planning purposes.
Argus was founded in 1970 and is a privately held UK-registered company. It is owned by employee shareholders and global growth equity firm General Atlantic.
Our rapidly-growing, award-winning business offers a dynamic environment for talented, entrepreneurial professionals to achieve results and grow their careers. Argus recognizes and rewards successful performance and as an Investor in People, we promote professional development and retain a high-performing team committed to building our success.
- Competitive salary and company bonus
- Group healthcare and life assurance
- 10 days, paid holiday
- Subsidized gym membership
- Extensive internal and external training