Argus Media Limited
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Argus Media Limited
- Developing and maintaining rapport with key contacts and liaising regularly with industry stakeholders (buyers, sellers, traders) to gain market intelligence
- Working with and interviewing subject matter experts, research industry trends and assessing the worthiness of potential topics
- Assessing commodity prices based on collected data, adhering to rigorous compliance standards
- Synthesizing complex information quickly
- Writing market commentary, analysis pieces and news stories adhering to strict deadlines
- Maintaining existing databases for designated product.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- The legal authorization to work in the US for any US employer
- A minimum of 4 years of prior experience with commodity markets preferred
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in journalism, communications, economics, business, geography or relevant field
- Demonstrated goal-oriented collaboration skills, with strong diplomatic and problem solving ability
- Experience in a professional publishing capacity or in an analyst role
- A strong understanding of economics and the role and practice of price reporting
- A commitment to the highest level of accuracy and completing all writing within established deadlines
- Strong experience with Microsoft Office Suite with particular experience in Excel
- The willingness and ability to travel up to 20% of the time in order to fulfill the responsibilities of this position
- Spanish language skills preferred
Argus is a leading provider of price assessments, business intelligence and market data for the global crude oil, petroleum products, LPG, natural gas, coal, electricity, bioenergy, emissions, fertilizer, petrochemicals, metals and transportation industries. Data provided by Argus is widely used for indexation of physical trade. The company publishes sophisticated market data and business intelligence internationally and has a strong reputation for accuracy, reliability and invaluable insight into the non-transparent energy markets. Companies, government and international agencies rely on Argus information for analysis and planning purposes.
Argus is headquartered in London and has offices in Moscow, Washington, Houston, Calgary, Singapore, Tokyo, Beijing, New York, Kiev, Rio de Janeiro, Calgary, Sydney, Moscow, Astana, Riga and Dubai. In addition, they have employees in other key locations around the world. Argus was founded in 1970, has over 700 employees and is a privately held UK-registered company owned by its employees and the family of its founder.
- Competitive salary
- Group medical, dental and vision plans
- Company paid long term disability and life insurance plan
- Group 401(k) safe harbor retirement plan with a 6% company match
- 15 vacation days your first year, which increases up to 25 days
- Subsidized gym membership
- Extensive internal and external training
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled