Argus Media Limited
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Market Analyst, Petrochemicals - Americas
at Argus Media Limited
Job Title: Market Analyst, Petrochemicals-Americas
Job Type: Full Time
Location: Houston, TXReporting Relationship: Petrochemicals Consultant
Argus is a fast-growing global B2B media company providing essential information on commodity markets. We are growing quickly, adding new markets, new services, new delivery options and improved analytical tools.
This is an entry level position with excellent growth potential. The individual will work closely with Petrochemical Consultants to develop market analysis and conduct market research for the Petrochemical sector.
This is a great opportunity for someone looking to start their career in B2B consulting in Petrochemicals market. You will get exposure to all areas of the Petrochemicals analytics and consulting business.
- Conduct market research of chemical products and markets in which Argus may expand its coverage.
- Analyze data, metrics and market trends to develop market studies.
- Ensure the market analysis is accurately presented in a clear, concise and relevant manner to key stakeholders.
- Develop knowledge of major drivers and trends across the petrochemicals industry.
- Provide charts, graphs, and other visual representations of date for inclusion in studies
- Deliver supporting data, ad hoc query support, and performing data analysis as requested
- Support consultants as requested.
- A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in a related fields such as Chemistry, Business or Economics.
- Experience in energy or petrochemicals is a plus.
- Foreign language skills are a plus.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint.
- Self-motivated with excellent organization skills, and the ability to work independently
- Demonstrated structured problem solving and analytical skills.
- Willingness and ability to travel up to 15% of the time, in order to fulfill the responsibilities of this position..
About Argus Media
Argus is an independent media organisation with almost 950 staff. It is headquartered in London and has 21 offices in the world’s principal commodity trading and production centers. Argus produces price assessments and analysis of international energy and other commodity markets and offers bespoke consulting services and industry-leading conferences.
Companies in 140 countries around the world use Argus data to index physical trade and as benchmarks in financial derivative markets as well as for analysis and planning purposes.
Argus was founded in 1970 and is a privately held UK-registered company. It is owned by employee shareholders and global growth equity firm General Atlantic.
- Competitive salary
- Group medical, dental and vision plans
- Company paid long term disability and life insurance plan
- Group 401(k) safe harbor retirement plan with a 6% company match
- 15 vacation days your first year, which increases with tenure
- Subsidized gym membership
- Extensive internal and external training
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
If this aligns with your next career move, apply via our website www.argusmedia.com/en/careers/open-positions