Argus Media Limited
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Business Development - Petrochemicals
at Argus Media Limited
Job Title: Business Development - Petrochemicals
Job Type: Full Time
Location: Houston, Texas
Reporting Relationship: SVP, Petrochemicals
Argus is a fast-growing global B2B media company providing essential information on commodity markets. We are growing quickly, adding new markets, new services, new delivery options and improved analytical tools.
This role is responsible for the development and implementation of strategies to promote the use of Argus price assessments in commercial contracts, transfer pricing, financial reporting, etc. The successful candidate will leverage strong relationships with key petrochemicals decision makers in the U.S., Canada and Latin America to drive continued growth and look to uncover regional opportunities in information services and indexation.
- Develop and execute regional strategies to increase usage of Argus petrochemicals assessments and grow regional subscription business across verticals.
- Work with subject matter experts and editors from all petrochemicals verticals to develop price methodologies and market reports that meet needs of clients and prospects.
- Forge strong business relationships with petrochemical industry executives.
- Build strong relationships with Industry leaders and oversee the development and execution of programs to this end.
- Represent Argus at industry conferences and business gatherings. Communicate confidently with industry stakeholders, including the C-Suite and government level.
- Stay abreast of industry and market trends in the petrochemicals sector.
- Willing and able to travel up to 50 % of the time, including internationally.
- Coordinate regional petrochemicals strategy with SVP Petrochemicals and business development managers/subject matter experts in other geographies.
- Regularly communicate with SVP Petrochemicals on opportunities and challenges faced in the region.
- Innovate, design and develop content, including assessments and new reports/services.
- Work closely with editorial to ensure the continued development and application of appropriate price methodologies.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Experience promoting market data or business intelligence services in energy or Petrochemicals-related industries.
- 10+ years of experience related to supply, trading, pricing and/or analysis in petrochemicals markets, including deep understanding refining economics and logistics.
- Demonstrated ability to build, develop and maintain long-term client relationships; as well as build credibility and engagement with industry stakeholders and government.
- Bachelor’s degree required. Proficiency in Spanish is strongly preferred, Portuguese a plus.
About Argus Media
Argus is an independent media organization with almost 950 staff. It is headquartered in London and has 21 offices in the world’s principal commodity trading and production centers. Argus produces price assessments and analysis of international energy and other commodity markets and offers bespoke consulting services and industry-leading conferences.
Companies in 140 countries around the world use Argus data to index physical trade and as benchmarks in financial derivative markets as well as for analysis and planning purposes.
Argus was founded in 1970 and is a privately held UK-registered company. It is owned by employee shareholders and global growth equity firm General Atlantic.
Our rapidly-growing, award winning business offers a dynamic environment for talented, entrepreneurial professionals to achieve results and grow their careers. Argus recognizes and rewards successful performance and as an Investor in People, we promote professional development and retain a high-performing team committed to building our success.
- Competitive salary
- Group medical, dental and vision plans
- Company paid long term disability and life insurance plan
- Group 401(k) safe harbor retirement plan with a 6% company match
- 15 vacation days your first year, which increases up to 25 days
- Subsidized gym membership
- Extensive internal and external training
If this aligns with your next career move, apply via our website www.argusmedia.com/en/careers/open-positions