Argus Media Limited
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Business Analyst - Petroleum
at Argus Media Limited
WHAT THE ROLE ENTAILS:
- Conducts analysis in critical core oil markets to identify market opportunities and penetration.
- Develop sources of company data to enhance our analysis and to flesh out customer segmentation.
- Responsible for building and maintaining performance reports to monitor success and potential.
- Support product initiatives through market analysis and customer feedback.
- Translate business needs into analytics – connecting outcomes into business value
- Refine and optimize data to provide business
intellegence Identifies,assesses and solves complex business problems for area of responsibility, where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors.
- Create and deliver presentations, training, user guides and any relevant efforts needed for business users to come on board with any new
initiative / enhancement.
- Suggest improvements or enhancements to processes and systems in order to increase customer satisfaction or improve productivity
- This position involves analysis, design, and support, as well as developing an understanding of our strategic direction, issues, and project goals.
A GREAT JOB IF YOU:
- Experience in and/or knowledge of business analytics
- Can present quantitative data and technical concepts in a manner that makes sense to business executives
- Offer 3 to 5 years of experience in business analysis, product management, business strategy or marketing related position.
- Energy industry experience is a plus.
- Are pragmatic and good at building strong relationships across a number of teams, including with Sales, Marketing, content experts and executive management
- Possess the ability to put together professional, polished presentations to and on behalf of executive management.
- Don’t like to be micro-managed: you are self-directed to continuously adapt to achieve strategic goals
- Have high attention to detail and produce quality work in a timely manner
- Are excited to solve problems from start to finish: identify causes, recommend the solution, and implement
About Argus Media
Argus is a leading energy and commodity price reporting agency providing data, news, and insight as well as conference and consulting services. Companies in more than 140 countries around the world use Argus prices to index physical trade and as benchmarks in financial derivative markets as well as for analysis and planning purposes. Half of Argus' 900 employees are commodity journalists who specialize in reporting news and price information relating to physical energy and related commodity markets. They operate according to a rigorous Editorial Code of Conduct and a Compliance and Ethics Policy that align with best journalistic practice, including the avoidance of conflicts of interest. Argus was founded in 1970 and is a privately held UK-registered company. It is owned by staff shareholders and global growth equity firm General Atlantic.