Archdiocese of Galveston-Houston
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Archdiocese of Galveston-Houston
Job Status: Contract/Temporary
Job Reference #: 1049
Openings as of 10/14/2019
- Substitute Teacher JobID: 1049
- Position Type:
- Date Posted:
The Regis School
- Date Available:
- Closing Date:
- Having a personal and professional understanding of and commitment to the Schools’ philosophy; the Sacred Heart Goals and Criteria; and to working in a God-centered atmosphere
- Working with the appropriate Division Head to execute responsibilities relating to the academic program: when substitute teaching in a classroom the Substitute Teacher should be following the curriculum developed and put in place by the Faculty member, following the unit plans for the class left by the Lead Teacher, following REGIS classroom management plans.
- Maintaining a professional, positive and constructive relationship with colleagues, administrators and staff and understanding that the property of the School is communal
- Actively participating in and supporting the disciplinary guidelines of the School and carrying them out with respect for the integrity of each child
- Attending liturgies, prayer services, assemblies, faculty meetings, grade level meetings, workshops, in-service meetings, Parent/Teacher Conferences and other school functions, as requested
- Understanding the use of unscheduled class time, between 7:30 a.m. and 3:30 p.m., as time for classroom planning, professional development and time given to assist in the overall needs of the School
- Being ready to fill additional duties when asked (i.e., playground supervision, lunchroom supervision, etc.)
- Maintaining communication with the administration and the parents regarding each student’s progress
- Responding to all communication – e.g., voice mail, e-mail and written notes –within one business day. Voice mail and e-mail must be cleared twice daily (morning and afternoon).
- Having a working knowledge of the school technology program, laptops, and software necessary to the implementation of the curriculum
- Maintaining clear, accurate, up-to-date classroom records including:
- Lesson plans
- Assessments and rubrics
- Bachelors Degree required
- Degree work in a field of study that coordinates with education
- Teaching experience in an Elementary School preferred
The classroom teacher prepares lessons that are carried by substitutes on occasion.
Principals may contact you in advance to meet and discuss your service at their location.
The Substitute Teacher is directly accountable to the Early Childhood, Lower or Middle School Head. S/he works with the Head, students and faculty members to ensure that the spirit and life of the School reflect the Goals and Criteria of Sacred Heart education. The fundamental trait of a Sacred Heart educator is a loving and generous spirit. The Substitute Teacher has responsibility for: