Archdiocese of Galveston-Houston
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Archdiocese of Galveston-Houston
Job Status: Contract/Temporary
Job Reference #: 496
Openings as of 10/14/2019
- Substitute Teacher JobID: 496
- Position Type:
- Date Posted:
St. Pius V Catholic School
- Date Available:
- Closing Date:
- Administers school elementary curriculum consistent with Archdiocesan goals and objectives.
- Promotes a classroom environment that is safe and conducive to individualized and small group instruction, and student learning.
- Translates lesson plans into learning experiences so as to best utilize the available time for instruction
- Conducts ongoing assessment of student learning, and modifies instructional methods to fit individual student's needs, including students with special needs; conducts individual and small group instruction as needed (as defined by the regular classroom teacher through the daily lesson plans provided).
- Instructs students in the principles of responsible citizenship and other subject matters specified in applicable laws, as well as administrative regulations and procedures of the c school system.
- Ensures that student conduct conforms with the school's standards and Archdiocesan policies, and establishes and maintains standards of pupil behavior needed to achieve a functional learning atmosphere in the classroom..
- Supervises students in activities that take place out of the classroom during the school day, including activities involving transportation (afternoon pick-up as assigned by Principal).
- Supports and implements the philosophy of Catholic Education.
- Gives evidence of lived Gospel values.
- Participates in building faith community.
- Grows in personal faith life through continued study.
- Knowledge of current teaching methods and educational pedagogy, as well as differentiates instruction based upon student learning styles.
- Knowledge of elementary school curriculum and concepts.
- Knowledge of data information systems, data analysis and the formulation of action plans.
- Knowledge of applicable federal and state laws regarding education and students.
- Ability to use computer network system and software applications as needed.
- Ability to organize and coordinate work.
- Ability to communicate effectively with students and parents.
- Ability to engage in self-evaluation with regard to performance and professional growth.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with others contacted in the course of work.
- Texas State Certification as an Elementary Teacher
- Texas State Certification in the appropriate grade level preferred.
- Bachelors from an accredited college or university in Elementary Education or related discipline applicable to teaching assignment.
The classroom teacher prepares lessons that are carried by substitutes on occasion.
Principals may contact you in advance to meet and discuss your service at their location.
Under the general supervision of the School Principal, to facilitate student success and growth in academic and interpersonal skills through implementing Archdiocesan approved curriculum; documenting teaching and student progress/activities/outcomes; addressing specific educational needs of individual students and by creating a flexible, safe and optimal learning environment; and providing feedback to students, parents and administration regarding student progress, expectations, goals, etc.
The purpose of Catholic schools is to educate the mind, heart and spirit by providing an environment that promotes Catholic identity and stewardship to others. This should be demonstrated through excellence in education and faith in action. These attributes should be exemplified by all personnel, even as substitutes, through the following, but are not limited to:Lives a Catholic Philosophy
Uses standard office equipment such as personal computers, printer, copy and fax machines, and telephone.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Works in standard office and school building environments.
Note: Also see the Summary of Physical, Sensory and Environmental Requirements Needed to Perform Essential Job Duties for this position.
Successful prior teaching experience for the appropriate grade levels a plus.