Archdiocese of Galveston-Houston
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Music Teacher & Library Manager
at Archdiocese of Galveston-Houston
Job Reference #: 1489
Categories: Management - Mid-Level (Manager, Director), Education - Faculty, Education - Professional
Openings as of 1/20/2020
Elementary School Teaching
- Music Teacher & Library Manager JobID: 1489
- Position Type:
Elementary School Teaching
- Date Posted:
Our Lady of Mt. Carmel Catholic School
- Date Available:
- Closing Date:
- Participates in school/church activities at which attendance is necessary because of the employee’s position.
- Participates in ongoing faith formation opportunities offered by parish and school.
- Develops and administers school elementary curriculum consistent with Archdiocesan goals and objectives.
- Promotes a classroom environment that is safe and conducive to individualized and small group instruction, and student learning.
- Develops lesson plans and instructional materials and translates lesson plans into learning experiences so as to best utilize the available time for instruction
- Conducts ongoing assessment of student learning, and modifies instructional methods to fit individual student's needs, including students with special needs; conducts individual and small group instruction as needed.
- Instructs students in the principles of responsible citizenship and other subject matters specified in applicable laws, as well as administrative regulations and procedures of the c school system.
- Continues to acquire professional knowledge and learn of current developments in the educational field by attending seminars, workshops or professional meetings, or by conducting research.
- Organizes and maintains a system for accurate and complete record-keeping, grading, and reporting for all student activities, achievement and attendance as required.
- Encourages parental involvement in students' education and ensures effective communication with students and parents.
- Ensures that student conduct conforms with the school's standards and Archdiocesan policies, and establishes and maintains standards of pupil behavior needed to achieve a functional learning atmosphere in the classroom.
- Coordinates with other elementary professional staff members, especially within grade level, to evaluate and assess curriculum, and participates in faculty meetings and committees.
- Selects and requisitions appropriate books, instructional aids and other supplies and equipment and maintains inventory records.
- Supervises students in activities that take place out of the classroom during the school day, including activities involving transportation.
- Administers standardized tests in accordance with Archdiocesan testing programs.Lives a Catholic Philosophy
- Supports and implements the philosophy of Catholic Education.
- Gives evidence of lived Gospel values.
- Participates in building faith community.
- Grows in personal faith life through continued study.
Performs other related tasks as assigned by the Principal
Note: The above description is illustrative of tasks and responsibilities. It is not meant to be all inclusive of every task or responsibility.
Uses standard office equipment such as personal computers, printer, copy and fax machines, and telephone.
Travels to professional meetings as required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Knowledge of current teaching methods and educational pedagogy, as well as differentiates instruction based upon student learning styles.
- Knowledge of elementary school curriculum and concepts.
- Knowledge of data information systems, data analysis and the formulation of action plans.
- Knowledge of applicable federal and state laws regarding education and students.
- Ability to use computer network system and software applications as needed.
- Ability to organize and coordinate work.
- Ability to communicate effectively with students and parents.
- Ability to engage in self-evaluation with regard to performance and professional growth.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with others contacted in the course of work.
- Works in standard office and school building environments.
- Texas State Certification as an Elementary Teacher
- Texas State Certification in the appropriate grade level preferred.Education
- Bachelors from an accredited college or university in Elementary Education or related discipline applicable to teaching assignment.
Job Description: Music Teacher & Library Manager
Under the general supervision of the School Principal, to facilitate student success and growth in academic and interpersonal skills through implementing Archdiocesan approved curriculum; documenting teaching and student progress/activities/outcomes; addressing specific educational needs of individual students and by creating a flexible, safe and optimal learning environment; and providing feedback to students, parents and administration regarding student progress, expectations, goals, etc.
The position is recommended for any musician that can demonstrate strong classroom management, pedagogically sound vocal instruction, a minimum of keyboard/piano proficiency, and a passion for inspiring young vocalists to find their voice.
Essential Functions for all Catholic School Teachers
The purpose of Catholic schools is to educate the mind, heart and spirit by providing an environment that promotes Catholic identity and stewardship to others. This should be demonstrated through excellence in education and faith in action. These attributes should be exemplified by all personnel through the following, but are not limited to:
Physical and Mental Demands, Work Hazards
Successful prior teaching experience for the appropriate grade levels a plus.