Archdiocese of Galveston-Houston
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Archdiocese of Galveston-Houston
Openings as of 10/14/2019
- Librarian JobID: 1084
- Position Type:
- Date Posted:
O`Connell College Prep High School
- Assists students in locating reference and other instructional materials, and in developing knowledge, skill and abilities to gain independence and fully utilize the library materials and resources.
- Assists in reinforcement in reading, language arts, mathematics, computer instruction, media and other skills.
- Assists in maintaining the circulation desk operations and circulation files.
- Works with students individually and in small groups to reinforce basic learning.
- Operate audio visual equipment as needed.
- Assist in cataloging and filing learning materials.
- Constructs, copies, distributes and uses educational materials.
- Serves as a reference guide for students.
- Arranges book displays, exhibits and other items to provide an appropriate learning resource environment and maximize students' interest in reading and learning.
- Assists with the selection of library materials and resources, and in weeding out old outdated materials and books.
- Assists in the utilization and maintenance of instructional and non-instructional library equipment, including a personal computer if necessary.
- Ability to carry out instructions furnished in written or oral form.
- Ability to use personal computers and instruct students in their use (including creating documents, word processing and using the Internet to conduct research).
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply and divide, and perform complex arithmetic operations.
- Ability to work with a diverse group of individuals.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of information regarding students, employees and others.
- Ability to follow directives of teacher, media specialist or other supervisor, and assist students with respect to instructional and non-instructional tasks.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with students, staff and others contacted in the course of work.
- Ability to report work orally or in writing to supervisor as required.
- Effective writing and communication skills.
Ideal Candidate possesses Master of Library Sciences with a Learning Resources Endorsement
Under the direct supervision of a certified staff member, to assist certified professional employees in the media center to enable students to effectively use the instructional materials in the center, and to acquire the knowledge, skills and abilities to take full advantage of library materials and resources.
each successively higher level requires greater responsibility, ability to supervise and run the libraries operations,
ability to lead and train others, a higher degree of education or training, greater computer skills, more related experience,
and/or other attributes that distinguish it from any lower level(s).
Perform any other related duties as assigned.
Note: The above description is illustrative of tasks and responsibilities. It is not meant to be all inclusive of every task or responsibility.
Use standard library equipment, such as personal computers and copiers.
Travel between schools, or between schools and central offices, may be required for certain positions.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
Works in standard office and school building environments.
Any combination of education and experience providing the required skill and knowledge for successful performance would be qualifying. Typical qualifications would be equivalent to:
Master of Library Sciences