Archdiocese of Galveston-Houston
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Archdiocese of Galveston-Houston
Openings as of 3/22/2019
- Communications Coordinator JobID: 1179
- Position Type:
- Date Posted:
St. Michael Catholic School
- Date Available:
- Oversee the strategic marketing plan for the school.
- Protect brand cohesion by reviewing, filtering, and editing all communication & marketing vehicles.
- Manage, contribute, and maintain all content for the school website.
- Produce and distribute weekly electronic newsletter to current parent body (Paw Prints).
- Produce weekly church bulletin communication.
- Distribution of email blasts as needed.
- Collaborate with teachers and students to create school Yearbook along with technology teacher.
- Schedule and supervise school pictures (individual, group, and retakes).
- Manage calendar for electronic communications (Website).
- Manage and direct all integrated social media efforts and update Facebook on a regular basis.
- Manage media relations, including writing and distributing press releases and cultivating relations with local media.
- Serve as the school’s primary media contact and foster relationships with media personnel to enhance the school’s image and visibility.
- Manage school’s relationships with outside website vendor, photographers, graphic designers and printing firms.
- Ensure that the school maintains frequent and consistent communication with parents, faculty, alumni, and donors.
- Serve as liaison to Parents Lending Useful Support (PLUS) for communication in Paw Prints, e-blasts, etc.
- Manage crisis communication including telephone, text, and email notifications.
- Oversee the production of all print and electronic communications.
- Produce and manage all advertising in collaboration with the principal.
- Serve as Executive Editor for school publications.
- Assist and support in all St. Michael Catholic School events through presentation/video creation, graphic design, promotional timeline, etc.
- A bachelor’s degree in communications, public relations, English, or related field is required.
- At least three years of experience in public relations or related field.
- Must possess a positive attitude, strong work ethic, and model a mature and professional demeanor.
- Must possess the ability to develop effective working relationships with staff, peers, St. Michael Catholic parish, and the surrounding community.
- Must possess excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Must possess exceptional time-management skills and the ability to manage multiple tasks
- Must have extensive experience utilizing social media (Facebook, Twitter, etc.)
- Must have a working knowledge of communication and graphic software (e.g., Publisher, Adobe, Constant Contact), school management systems & databases, and Microsoft office programs (especially Excel).
Communications Coordinator (Position Available Spring 2019)
The Communications Coordinator works closely with the Principal of the school to lead, plan, develop, and implement the communication activities for St. Michael Catholic School. In this capacity the Communications Coordinator must demonstrate a high level of written and oral communication skills, exhibit exceptional time-management skills, and be capable of managing multiple tasks. The Communications Coordinator position is a full time position.