Arch Capital Group Ltd
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Assistant Vice President, CNAX Home Office
at Arch Capital Group Ltd
- Job ID
- Business Segment
- # of Openings
- CNAX Home Office
The AVP for Retail Energy & Construction (CNAX) Home Office is responsible for a variety of technical underwriting functions including:
- Coverage & Product Expertise for the Retail Energy & Construction business units
- General Liability & Umbrella Line of Coverage Expertise
- Retail Energy & Construction Industry Expertise
The primary function of this position is to support the placement of profitable specialty insurance by engaging in:
- Resource to Business Unit EVP, RVP’s & VP’s on Liability Coverage related matters – Current & Desired Coverage Improvements/Enhancements
- Resource to Field Underwriters & Underwriting Assistants on questions regarding Coverage, Arch Filed Products, Line of Business issues (current & emerging); Legal & Credit related matters; Product Development – Policy & Manuscript Endorsements
- Subject matter expert for General Liability related issues
- Research and develop underwriting guidelines for Retail Energy & Construction on a variety of line of Industry specific products & topics.
- Provide training & development to Underwriting staff on current topics, industry developments, and unique coverages within Arch and industry policy forms.
- Work directly with Underwriting & Distribution partners to provide technical training to Underwriters and Agents.
- Work with Risk Control to engage industry associations as needed to maintain up to date energy, construction, insurance industry, safety, and technology and management practices. Develop outside information into guidelines for best underwriting practices
- Work with Claims and Underwriting to identify emerging trends in Energy & Construction industry. Recommend needed modification to coverage forms or services to bridge any potential gaps
- Participate with Corporate Underwriting on business unit audits and file reviews.
- Work with Corporate Product Development/Compliance/Actuarial drafting & filing forms
- Work with Marketing & Distribution partners to ensure marketing materials accurately reflect coverage and services available
Knowledge & Competencies: Working knowledge of critical risk management principles & methods such as:
- Oilfield operations, including drilling, stimulation, well site operations and general oilfield contractor services.
- Construction operations including General Contractors, Street and Road, Trades and Sub-Contractors
- Strong background in General Liability exposures and necessary controls (QA/QC, Anti Indemnity Laws, Statue of Repose, etc)
- Comprehensive understanding of Pollution & Contractors Professional exposures
- Contracts and contractual risk transfer techniques & methods
- Construction Wrap Ups and Project Specific Policies
- Cross functional generalist knowledge of other disciplines including Claims, Risk Control, Finance/Credit, Legal, Actuarial, Audit, & Premium Accounting
- Knowledge of regulatory and compliance issues – State Filings, Scheduled Rating, etc
Skills & Competencies:
- Strong comprehension of insurance products/lines of business and their applicability in the oilfield and on the construction job site
- Strong ability to work in a team environment on complex matters
- Collaboration & Problem Solving
- Strong customer service orientation
- Excellent written/verbal communication and group presentation skills
- Active in local/regional/national construction industry associations
- Ability to multi-task and organize to achieve competing priorities
Experience & Credentials:
- Minimum of 15 years of Underwriting Support
- Minimum of a 4 year college undergraduate degree preferred
- Prefer underwriting & managerial insurance experience
- Knowledge of ISO and specialty insurance coverages, policy form construction, typical exposures to loss, and the economics of insurance.
Arch Capital Group Ltd. is a Bermuda-based company which provides insurance, reinsurance and mortgage insurance on a worldwide basis through its wholly owned subsidiaries. Arch offers competitive pay and a comprehensive benefits package. Additionally, Arch is committed to helping its associates create what’s next by providing access to a variety of programs supporting your professional development and a culture that encourages innovation, collaboration and professional growth. We seek talent that thinks innovatively, values collaboration and will go the extra mile to serve our customers and develop our company.
A subsidiary of Arch Capital Group Ltd., Arch Insurance employs disciplined underwriting and prudent risk selection across all types of business. We have offices in the United States, Canada, Bermuda, UK, and Australia.
Arch Insurance Group is a market-leading specialty insurer providing property, casualty and a wide range of specialty insurance for corporations, professional firms and financial institutions around the globe. From product development to policy servicing to claims payment, we are dedicated to providing our customers with superb coverage and service.
Arch offers competitive pay and a comprehensive benefits package including a student loan assistance program, 401k company match and employee stock purchase plan (ESPP). Additionally, Arch is committed to supporting professional development and a culture that encourages innovation, collaboration and professional growth.