Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Staff Civil Engineer
Staff Civil Engineer
Arcadis is seeking an experienced Civil Engineer to join our Industrial Infrastructure and Water/Wastewater team in Houston, TX.
This is an exciting opportunity for a self-motivated engineer to join our team locally with support from one of the best qualified consulting firms in the country. The selected candidate will utilize his/her technical knowledge of civil/structural design & construction engineering, to successfully execute projects within the Industrial Infrastructure and Water/Wastewater markets to help build and grow our practice.
The ideal candidate will possess initiative and ability to take on challenges regularly and balance multiple assignments and activities to meet project deadlines. This position requires the successful candidate to be performance-driven, team-oriented and client-focused with strong written/verbal communication skills and an impressive work ethic.?
Plans, designs, and oversees civil engineering projects, such as industrial wastewater collection and treatment systems, dams, levees, drainage systems, stormwater treatment facilities, pipelines, pump stations, and roadways. Work will entail a mixture of design, permitting, proposal and report writing, and construction-phase field engineering.
Position responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Using computer-assisted engineering and design software, including computer simulation models and Geographical Information System (GIS) software, and equipment to prepare engineering and design analysis and documents
- Reviewing regulations and standards necessary to conduct technical studies and carry out project design and permitting activities.
- Preparing engineering design reports, technical specifications, drawings, construction schedules, environmental impact studies, and construction documents.
- Directing and conducting field investigations, surveys, and data acquisitions.
- Calculating costs and determining the feasibility of projects based on analysis of collected data, applying knowledge and techniques of engineering, and advanced mathematics.
- Analyzing reports, maps, drawings, blueprints, tests, and aerial photographs on soil composition, terrain, hydrologic and hydraulic characteristics, and other topographical and geologic data to plan and prepare design documents.
- Inspecting construction sites to monitor progress and assess conformance to engineering plans, specifications, and construction standards.
- Addressing Requests for Information (RFI) from contractors related to design and construction activities.
- Exhibiting ownership of delegated tasks, including responsibility for coordination and delivery of on-schedule and on-budget tasks.
- Applying engineering principles to develop effective solutions.
- Experience with site civil design using computer-based modeling applications (i.e., AutoCAD, Civil 3D, REVIT, MicroStation, etc.)
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work successfully in a team setting as well as independently
- Bachelor of Science degree in Environmental Engineering, Civil Engineering or a related engineering field
- 4-8 years of experience
- EI/EIT certification (or ability to obtain within 1 year)
Engineering - Civil/Structural
Staff Civil Engineer
- Registered Professional Engineer (PE) (or are eligible to sit for the exam within 1 year of hire)
- Master of Science degree in Environmental Engineering, Civil Engineering or a related engineering field
- 40-hour OSHA HAZWOPER certification
Required Driving Statement
This position requires a current valid driver’s license and clean driving record.
We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. We are dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on any basis including race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status, disability, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
What country will this position be in?
Why Choose Arcadis
Arcadis is the leading global design and consulting firm for natural and built assets, and we invite you to join us in partnering with our clients to deliver truly exceptional and sustainable outcomes. Contribute to the world’s most high-profile and transformative projects, from shopping centers in Shanghai and improved traffic flow in Atlanta to state-of-the-art rail systems in Doha, coastal defenses for Manhattan and cleaner air in Los Angeles.
Work alongside the industry’s foremost thought leaders and accomplished professionals, generating effective, real-world results. We are Arcadis: 27,000 people in more than 70 countries, creating value by applying our collective wisdom to every challenge. Our culture is collaborative, we believe in diversity and the power of global teamwork, and we own the responsibility to sustain the Earth and its people in a safe and balanced way.
Arcadis. Improving quality of life.
About This Business Line
Now more than ever, businesses and governments recognize the need to incorporate environmental concerns into their decision making. As the leader in global environmental services, Arcadis has provided groundbreaking sustainable solutions for some of the world’s most complex projects. We wrote the book on environmental remediation, and our experts continue to pioneer the development and application of cutting-edge approaches in environmental planning, site evaluation, environmental construction and strategic environmental consulting. We are encouraged to innovate, apply emerging technologies and develop better solutions through global learning opportunities and workshops. Our team improves quality of life for our clients and their communities. Join us today!
Are you interested in being considered for this position? Let us know!
Our online application is currently unavailable as we transition to a new system. Send an email to the Arcadis Recruiting team at Recruiting.ANA@Arcadis.com to notify them of your interest. Please attach your resume to the email and include the requisition number located at the top of the job posting. We will respond with a link to formally apply and be considered for the position the week of July 15, 2019 when our new system is available.