Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Project Civil Engineer
Project Civil Engineer
Arcadis is seeking high-performing, top-quality candidates for a Project Civil Engineer position within our Industrial Infrastructure team – Houston TX office. This position offers an opportunity to support a growing base of industrial projects, as well as serve as a mentor to entry-level staff.
Engineering activities will include civil engineering site design, earthwork evaluation, stormwater management permitting and design, and permitting and construction document preparation. Additional engineering activities are likely to include data compilation, technical writing, and regulatory documents/regulations review.
In addition to the responsibilities identified above, the selected candidate will be responsible for mentoring entry-level staff, providing technical review of project deliverables, identifying new business opportunities and developing client relationships.
This position offers an opportunity to work with a talented team and join a successful growing organization with a reputation for high-quality work and top-notch employees.
The successful candidate will have:
- Experience with site civil design using computer-based modeling applications (i.e., AutoCAD, Civil 3D, REVIT, MicroStation, etc.).
- Experience in industrial sector projects which may include; Rail, Automotive, Oil and Gas, Chemical, and/or Life Science
- Experience with construction through all project phases: planning, preconstruction, construction, commissioning, and close out.
- Conducting site visits, sampling, analyzing data, technology evaluations, troubleshooting and optimization, as well as condition assessments and overall performance evaluations
- Independently perform scope, quantity and/or unit cost reconciliations
- Assist the project management staff in the preparation of the project budget
- Assist the project management staff with the management of project scope, budget, and schedule
- Capable of hydraulic calculations, interpretation of geotechnical data, and able to prepare and check specifications
- May be assigned to projects as a Design/Task Lead or possible Associate Project Manager.
- Grading/drainage design experience
- Work with other core disciplines (mechanical, electrical, structure, architectural) to execute and delivery multidiscipline project scopes.
- Preparing engineering design reports, technical specifications, drawings, construction schedules, environmental impact studies, and construction documents.
- Directing and conducting field investigations, surveys, and data acquisitions.
- Calculating costs and determining the feasibility of projects based on analysis of collected data, applying knowledge and techniques of engineering, and advanced mathematics.
- Analyzing reports, maps, drawings, blueprints, tests, and aerial photographs on soil composition, terrain, hydrologic and hydraulic characteristics, and other topographical and geologic data to plan and prepare design documents.
- Addressing Requests for Information (RFI) from contractors related to design and construction activities.
- Demonstrated experience with mid-level engineering product review.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, and experience communicating with regulatory agencies, clients, contractors, etc.
- Advanced technical writing skills and experience preparing technical design-related engineering documents.
- Ability to recruit, mentor, and supervise entry-level staff.
- Bachelor of Science degree in Civil Engineering, Environmental Engineering or a related discipline
- 8+ years of civil design and engineering consulting experience including industrial infrastructure projects
- Registered Professional Engineer
- Industrial facilities site/civil project experience
- Working knowledge of scheduling, controls and cost tools required (Primavera/P6, RS Means, etc)
Engineering - Civil/Structural
Project Civil Engineer
Required Driving Statement
This position requires a current valid driver’s license and clean driving record.
We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. We are dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on any basis including race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status, disability, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
What country will this position be in?
Why Choose Arcadis
Arcadis is the leading global design and consulting firm for natural and built assets, and we invite you to join us in partnering with our clients to deliver truly exceptional and sustainable outcomes. Contribute to the world’s most high-profile and transformative projects, from shopping centers in Shanghai and improved traffic flow in Atlanta to state-of-the-art rail systems in Doha, coastal defenses for Manhattan and cleaner air in Los Angeles.
Work alongside the industry’s foremost thought leaders and accomplished professionals, generating effective, real-world results. We are Arcadis: 27,000 people in more than 70 countries, creating value by applying our collective wisdom to every challenge. Our culture is collaborative, we believe in diversity and the power of global teamwork, and we own the responsibility to sustain the Earth and its people in a safe and balanced way.
Arcadis. Improving quality of life.
About This Business Line
Now more than ever, businesses and governments recognize the need to incorporate environmental concerns into their decision making. As the leader in global environmental services, Arcadis has provided innovative and sustainable solutions to some of the world’s most complex projects. We literally wrote the book on environmental remediation, and our experts continue to pioneer the development and application of cutting-edge approaches in environmental planning, site evaluation, environmental construction and strategic environmental consulting as well. Join us in making a cleaner, safer world a reality.
Are you interested in being considered for this position? Let us know!
Our online application is currently unavailable as we transition to a new system. Send an email to the Arcadis Recruiting team at Recruiting.ANA@Arcadis.com to notify them of your interest. Please attach your resume to the email and include the requisition number located at the top of the job posting. We will respond with a link to formally apply and be considered for the position the week of July 15, 2019 when our new system is available.