Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Management Consultant 1
Arcadis is looking for an experienced Management Consultant to join our quickly growing company in the Houston, TX office. This Consultant will work with project teams to gather Environmental, Health, Safety, sustainability or quality related business requirements, translate them into Information System specifications and implement design in associated software.
- Assess current client business and operations processes, identify opportunities for improvement and document potential gaps
- Facilitate discussion to solidify functional requirements in adequate detail for transition to configuration
- Serve as an interpreter between the technical team and the client, translating information system specifications into related business requirements that non-technical audiences can understand
- Lead EHS topic discussions to understand client’s business process gap’s and developing road maps for advancement in their programs
- Lead configuration of enterprise-level commercial off-the-shelf software to meet delivery and deployment requirements
- Identify, document and delegate completion of business requirements
- Participate in resourcing discussions to determine the best fit for the identified project activities
- Oversee EMIS application testing and quality inspections
- Ensure execution of configuration activities to meet project delivery milestones
- As applicable based on the project team assignment, function as a liaison between client project teams and technical implementation associates
- Regularly interact and communicate with clients
- Serve as the primary point of contact for questions and issues resolution
- Create or review project documentation:
- Design specifications
- Quality assurance and testing templates
- Training guides
- Coordinate maintenance related activities post-go-live
- Proficient in 1 or more EMIS/EHS/Quality/sustainability topic areas
- ?Proficient in configuring/deploying 1 or more EMIS solutions
- Proficient with MS Office software: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access, MS Project
- Experience with C++
- Proficient with data analytics tools such as Power BI or Azure a bonus
- Proficiency with multiple project types or software deployment methodologies
- COTS (commercial off the shelf)
- new development / customizations enhancements / support
- Recognize and escalate conflicts between client and solution provider
- Familiarity with subject matter concepts related to environmental, health, safety, industrial hygiene, occupational health, sustainability, data science or quality
- Minimum 1 year of experience in the EHS field or and hybrid EHS/IT position, (relevant internship is acceptable)
- C++ or Java experience required
We are an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, people with disabilities and veterans are strongly encouraged to apply. We are dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment on any basis including race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, citizenship status, disability, veteran status, or any other basis prohibited by law.
What country will this position be in?
Why Choose Arcadis
Arcadis is the leading global design and consulting firm for natural and built assets, and we invite you to join us in partnering with our clients to deliver truly exceptional and sustainable outcomes. Contribute to the world’s most high-profile and transformative projects, from shopping centers in Shanghai and improved traffic flow in Atlanta to state-of-the-art rail systems in Doha, coastal defenses for Manhattan and cleaner air in Los Angeles.
Work alongside the industry’s foremost thought leaders and accomplished professionals, generating effective, real-world results. We are Arcadis: 27,000 people in more than 70 countries, creating value by applying our collective wisdom to every challenge. Our culture is collaborative, we believe in diversity and the power of global teamwork, and we own the responsibility to sustain the Earth and its people in a safe and balanced way.
Arcadis. Improving quality of life.
About This Business Line
Now more than ever, businesses and governments recognize the need to incorporate environmental concerns into their decision making. As the leader in global environmental services, Arcadis has provided innovative and sustainable solutions to some of the world’s most complex projects. We literally wrote the book on environmental remediation, and our experts continue to pioneer the development and application of cutting-edge approaches in environmental planning, site evaluation, environmental construction and strategic environmental consulting as well. Join us in making a cleaner, safer world a reality.