Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Apergy, formerly part of Dover Corporation, is committed to improving life for our customers, our employees, our shareholders and the communities in which we live and work.
As a leading provider of highly engineered and differentiated technology and equipment, we are fueling our industry by helping our global customers drill for and produce oil and gas as efficiently and safely as possible. Our products include a full range of equipment essential to optimize production throughout the lifecycle of a well – from drilling to completion to production. Our 18 iconic brands, which includes Spirit Global Energy Solutions, Inc and Theta Oilfield Services, are amongst the best trusted in the industry and have long been recognized for quality, performance and outstanding customer service.
With our focus on delivering tangible results and redefining best-in-class standards, we’re enabling more of the world's energy suppliers to unlock energy across demanding exploration, development, and production projects. Our goal is to be a long-term partner to our more than 2,000 global customers, ensuring they can rely and capitalize on our team’s skillset and expertise. We pride ourselves on our culture, which cultivates creative problem-solvers who are advocates for our customers and who roll up their sleeves and get work done. Across Apergy, we value honesty, unity, respect, hard work, friendship and an entrepreneurial spirit.
We are building our key capabilities to accelerate and support our growth, thus Apergy Production Optimization is now seeking to hire a Warehouse Lead. This position will be located in our facility in Tomball, TX.
Manages the warehouse operations to ensure that materials and supplies are received and prepped for customer orders.
- Communicates with other departments, staff, and customers to ensure that the goals of the warehouse, the organization, and our customers are aligned.
- Oversees stock control and order processing, keeping computer systems up to date;
- Receives shipments, unpacks and organizes inventory parts and delivers items to appropriate departments; files shipping and packing slips on a regular basis
- Entry of receivables and stock transfers into ERP Systems
- Follows safety rules and procedures; notifies supervisor of any issues in the manufacturing process that may impact safety.Packs all items that need to be shipped and places on pallet for departure. against Order confirmation/ FFX tickets / forecast.
- May make recommendations to improve productivity, quality, and efficiency of operations.
- Drives and contributes to the department continuous improvement culture.
- Other duties as required
Education & Experience Requirements
High school diploma or equivalent, such as GED or equivalent education and/or experience.
- Experience in the oil and gas industry preferred.
- Two to five years of relevant experience.
- Good organizational and time management skills.
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Office suite.
Training Requirements (upon hire)
- CPR & First Aid
- Drug and alcohol test
- Criminal background check
- Must stand for extended periods of time (8-10 hour work days / 5-6 days a week) while wearing steel toed shoes/boots on concrete floors.
- Frequently required to use hand to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls. Requires good manual dexterity (hand, hand with arm, two hands) and multi-limb coordination for repetitive motion. Must grasp, manipulate, or assemble parts and components that range from very small to large objects. Steady hand and good hand-eye coordination is needed.
- Must frequently walk, push, and pull; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, bend, twist or crawl.
- Must be able to easily and regularly lift and/or move, pull, or push up to 40 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Some work is accomplished indoors and in air conditioned or well ventilated facilities.
- The job is performed under some temperature variations and some hazardous conditions.
- Use of heavy machinery, such as a forklift or pallet jack
- The working environment is clearly marked for hazards and safety/emergency facilities are noted.
- Employees often come into contact with dust, dirt, grease, and paint on surfaces