Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Technical Sales Representative
Apergy, is committed to improving life for our customers, our employees, our shareholders and the communities in which we live and work.
As a leading provider of highly engineered and differentiated technology and equipment, we are fueling our industry by helping our global customers drill for and produce oil and gas as efficiently and safely as possible. Our products include a full range of equipment essential to optimize production throughout the life cycle of a well – from drilling to completion to production. Our 18 iconic brands, which includes Spirit Global Energy Solutions, Inc and Theta Oilfield Services, are among the best trusted in the industry and have long been recognized for quality, performance and outstanding customer service.
With our focus on delivering tangible results and redefining best-in-class standards, we’re enabling more of the world's energy suppliers to unlock energy across demanding exploration, development, and production projects. Our goal is to be a long-term partner to our more than 2,000 global customers, ensuring they can rely and capitalize on our team’s skill set and expertise. We pride ourselves on our culture, which cultivates creative problem-solvers who are advocates for our customers and who roll up their sleeves and get work done. Across Apergy, we value honesty, unity, respect, hard work, friendship and an entrepreneurial spirit.
The Technical Sales Adviser will be responsible for executing the regional sales strategy that drives and meets top line revenue objectives for our Theta Software product line. This individual will work with our Technical Sales Representatives in the region, Inside Sales, and Sales Director, as well as Technical Support to manage customer relationships to achieve goals.
This position will be based in Houston, TX and report directly to the Sales Director.
- Develops a complete understanding of company products and services for Production Optimizations’ product lines, geography, and sales channel of responsibility.
- Achieves sales targets and ensures customer satisfaction.
- Researches and provides forecasting for sales activities in the assigned sales territory or account.
- Develops strong understanding of sales targets and customer satisfaction metrics to enhance customer relationships.
- Identifies customer's needs and sales opportunities to drive new/existing account and company growth.
- Demonstrates understanding of contracts and parameters of negotiations.
- Conducts negotiations according to company guidelines.
- Responds to customer concerns about the company and its products.
- Identifies, researches, and contacts prospective customers and build positive business relationships that will generate future sales and repeat business for account excellence.
- Demonstrates mastery of available sales tools, marketing materials and sales processes to promote an efficient and effective sales process.
- Contributes to the department continuous improvement culture.
- Learns and complies with all safety policies and procedures.
- Maintains confidentiality of all matters.
- Other duties as required.
The successful candidate will have a minimum of four (4) years of experience in similar outside sales within the Artificial Lift segment. He/she must demonstrate success in creating new business in Oil & Gas, as well as extensive knowledge of software in Artificial Lift Systems. The successful candidate must possess proven leadership, strategy, analytical and implementation skills.
- 5 years of sales experience within oil and gas; preferred artificial lift software technology.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Marketing or equivalent education.
- Minimum of four years’ experience in outside sales experience in Oil & Gas segment and/or four years in a Technical Field Services role.
- Strong communication, interpersonal and organizational skills including the ability to present and persuade at the leadership level.
- Excellent negotiation skills.
- Competitive attitude and strong work ethic with the ability to enthusiastically represent the company.
- Ability to work without direct supervision.
- Self-Driven work ethic.
- Ability to work within the US without sponsorship of VISA.
- Available for inter-regional travel 50%.
- Experience and Knowledge of Automation, Enterprise Software and IIOT for the Oil & Gas industry.
Job Location: Houston, TX