Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Norriseal Wellmark - Quality Manager - Houston, TX
Management of the day-to-day activities of the Quality department including: implementing and maintaining an effective Quality Management System (QMS), ensuring that quality standards are defined and followed by internal personnel and external suppliers/vendors.
- Manage and direct the QMS, ensuring coordination with all personnel companywide; including quality policies, procedures, processes, programs, and practices, to assure the company of continuous conformance with appropriate standards and regulations.
- Track and report quality metrics (KPI’s), trending and implementing process improvements based on data analysis.
- Ensure that quality standards are defined and followed to meet the highest degree of satisfaction by our customer base.
- Analyze manufacturing processes for improvement using various methods of testing and inspection
- Develop, apply and maintain quality requirements and standards for development and manufacturing products
- Manage and resolve product and process quality issues.
- Support concurrent engineering efforts by participating in design development projects representing quality assurance and the customer.
- Design and implement methods for process control, process improvement, testing and inspection.
- Promote and execute quality standards, inspection processes, test methodology, quality plans, documents and reports.
- Assist in process certification.
- Review customers purchase orders, contracts and change requests and ensure that the necessary criteria and provisions are included in quality and process plans.
- Develop, execute and analyze quality-reporting measures.
- Report to management on quality issues, trends and losses.
- Participate in strategic planning meetings, special projects and teams.
- Manage and coordinate the internal audit process
- Collect objective evidence, and write up audit reports to ensure the quality management system is operating effectively.
- Use process mapping techniques, lean or Six Sigma process improvement methodologies.
- Work collectively with supply chain to ensure suppliers meet minimum company quality requirements.
- Promote awareness of customer requirements throughout the organization.
- Proven technical capacity with similar manufacturing environment and products.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, and proven teamwork and leadership ability.
- Requires a sound understanding of statistics.
- Extensive experience with Good Manufacturing Practices (GMP), ISO standards (i.e. ISO 9001), and API is critical to the position.
- Ability to work independently, and within a team environment with strong follow up, organization and prioritization skills and excellent attention to detail.
- Familiarity with policy and procedure writing.
- Ability to understand a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Proficient with software such as Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, process mapping using Visio, and Statistical Process Control (SPC).
- Shows respect, understanding, tact and concern to others; develops and maintains effective relationships with others.
- Maintains confidentiality and has high ethical standards.
- Demonstrates a personable, positive and enthusiastic attitude.
- Fosters teamwork and collaboration within and across work groups.
- BS in Mechanical Engineering, Industrial Engineering, Manufacturing Engineering or Quality Management or similar field degree is preferred. MS degree preferred.
- 5+ years of quality management experience, preference in the valves and controls industry.
- Internal Auditor Certification preferred.