Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Norriseal Wellmark - Assembly Supervisor - Houston, TX
Job Reference #: 2111
Categories: Management - Mid-Level (Manager, Director)
- Responsible for supervision of the assembly group; including safety, quality, delivery, productivity and performance management.
- Responsible for making recommendations and supporting continuous improvement, 5S and Lean manufacturing concepts, while actively encouraging associate involvement.
- Responsible for ensuring the on-time delivery for all orders.
- Supervise the assembly group including assigning work tasks, monitoring work progress, staff attendance, hiring, performance management, training and coaching.
- Assist with technical problems encountered as needed and Interface with all levels of the company to ensure production objectives are met
- Identify and conduct appropriate training for team members on system changes, strategic initiatives, and day-to-day assembly functions.
- Coordinate shift maintenance activities and audits equipment checklists to verify proper monitoring by operations
- Respond to and assist with investigations of all injury reports, accidents, illnesses, near misses and property damage immediately.
- Effectively handle strong email volume, phone calls and clerical duties as required.
- Conduct root cause analysis, identify issues and implement solutions
- Create and deliver various assembly reports
- Partner with and provide support to internal customers, external customers and suppliers
- Develop and maintain standard work for assembly functions
- Solid problem solving skills and exceptional attention to detail.
- Knowledge and practice of LEAN concepts
- Proficient MS Office skills (Excel, Word, Power Point, Outlook).
- Must be able to speak, read and write in English
- Ability to operate powered industrial equipment
- Shows respect, understanding, tact and concern to others; develops and maintains effective relationships with others.
- Maintains confidentiality and has high ethical standards.
- Demonstrates a personable, positive and enthusiastic attitude.
- Fosters teamwork and collaboration within and across work groups.
- Is open to change and new information; adapts behavior or work methods in response to new information, changing conditions or unexpected obstacles; effectively deals with ambiguity.
- High School Diploma or GED
- At least 2 years of experience in manufacturing assembly operations, preferably in an Oil & Gas Valve Manufacturing environment
- At least 2 years of supervisory experience
- ERP System experience, Oracle strongly preferred