Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Human Resources Business Partner
In the Business of Unlocking Energy:
We're focused on unlocking energy with highly engineered products and technologies used to drill for and produce oil and gas efficiently and safely around the world. Our products include a full range of equipment essential to efficient functioning throughout the lifecycle of the wellsite—from drilling to completion to production. Our products consist of artificial lift equipment and solutions, including rod pumping systems, electric submersible pump systems, progressive cavity pumps and drive systems and plunger lifts, as well as polycrystalline diamond cutters and bearings for drilling. We provide a full automation offering consisting of equipment, software, and IIoT solutions for downhole monitoring, wellsite productivity enhancement and asset integrity management. We have operations in 8 countries and employ more than 3,100 associates globally.
The HR Business Partner serves as a consultant to management on Human Resource related issues. The HR BP/Generalist will seek to develop integrated solutions and formulates partnerships across the HR function to deliver value added service to management and employees that reflect the business objectives of the organization.
The role has responsibility for working with all to develop a positive organizational culture, aligned to our values and which fosters accountability, innovation and continuous improvement. The role will be a key driver and leader in ensuring the effective development and implementation of HR strategies, policies and processes; and the specific HR strategies required to build capability Managing the hiring, payroll, benefits, training, performance management, career development and termination of company employees.
The capabilities to provide leadership, facilitate change and achieve business objectives while recognizing and accommodating the interdependencies across the business units will be critical to the success of this role. The HR Business Partner/Generalist provides leadership and advice across all areas of human resource strategy, policy and processes.
The role will provide 50% analyst support and 50% HR partnership support to the Corporate office and will support the HR Managers across the companies.
Primary Responsibilities/Essential Functions:
- Lead organizational change and design by working with senior management to identify business requirements and implement appropriate solutions.
- Handle employee relations issues (terminations, performance issues, complaints, lawsuits, discrimination, conflict, counseling, etc.) Counsel employees and/or managers as needed regarding personnel issues.
- Supports the performance management process & salary reviews. Provide salary information & guidelines to managers.
- Develop and execute training including leadership and technical.
- Conduct annual employee benefit enrollment including development of forms, price lists, communications, employee coverage questions, communicating with benefit vendors, etc.
- Administer employee Visas / Passports / Alien Assistance – work with attorneys & handle the paperwork for filings.
- Manage recruitment program including screening, interviewing, background checks, drug-testing, reference checks and offer letters.
- Assist departments with securing temporary employees through employment services.
- Administer & facilitate employee recognition programs.
- Participate in strategic planning meetings, special projects and teams.
- Assist with succession planning throughout the organization.
- Facilitate employee development including determining training needs, tracking training received, assisting employees with locating & scheduling training, etc.
- Report monthly HR metrics as directed.
- Investigates Hotline Issues or other employee complaints/investigations, as applicable.
- Travel as needed.
Education, Licensing, and Certifications:
- 4 year degree in Human Resources or related field preferred
- 10+ years of experience in HR/HSE field
- HR certification desired
Master’s degree in Business Administration
- Minimum 10 years’ progressive experience in Human Resources
- Strong and current knowledge of Human Resource’s principles
- Understanding of payroll regulations, benefit administration, HR legal issues
- Excellent communication skills (verbal & written) and presentation skills
Proficient computer skills (Microsoft Outlook, Office, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.).
Competencies, Skills, and Knowledge:
- Must have demonstrable experience in changing work environments
- Ability to coach and develop employees and managers at all levels
- Shows respect, understanding, tact and concern to others; develops and maintains effective relationships with others.
- Maintains confidentiality and has high ethical standards.
- Demonstrates a personable, positive and enthusiastic attitude. Fosters teamwork and collaboration within and across work groups.
- Is open to change and new information; adapts behavior or work methods in response to new information, changing conditions or unexpected obstacles; effectively deals with ambiguity.
- Maintains confidentiality
- Knowledge of human resource information system capabilities
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong attention to detail