Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Field Service Engineer (Equipment Analyst) - Permian Basin Area
Apergy is a recognized global leader in supplying products, intelligent productivity tools and related automation software for the Energy sector. Apergy, along with its Apergy Digital unit, enables Oil & Gas operators to monitor, predict and optimize performance to improve their productivity and return on investment. Apergy's products and solutions are marketed under multiple brands to provide comprehensive product and automation solutions to global customers. The following operating companies fall under the organization of Apergy Digital:
Asset Integrity Management: Windrock
Flow Control: Norriseal-Wellmark, Timberline, iChem
Downhole Monitoring: Quartzdyne
Automation Platform for IIOT
Customer & Strategic Focus
Apergy aspires to be the trusted advisor to our customer by providing asset integrity monitoring, downhole monitoring and process controls management solutions to our most strategic accounts. To accomplish this Apergy is a unified hardware and software platform to enhance our ability to create higher customer value. Our automation platform enables Industrial Internet of Things to drive predictive analytics and operational excellence for our customers. Our deep domain knowledge allows us to partner with other service and technology providers to create an IIOT ecosystem that will help customers solve previously unsolvable problems.
At Apergy we are building our key capabilities to accelerate and support our growth, thus Apergy Digital is now seeking to hire Field Service Engineer (Equipment Analyst) for Windrock Inc. The candidate should live in the Permian Basin Area and be willing to travel 50% - 80%, as needed.
The Field Service Engineer (Equipment Analyst) performs various duties to facilitate the day to day needs of the Field Services team.
- Serve as a SME regarding all Windrock product lines.
- Perform prediction analysis on natural gas engines and compressors (White, Ariel, Caterpillar, Waukesha, Cooper's, etc.)
- Perform machinery condition assessments by applying one or more predictive maintenance technologies with the goal of achieving higher equipment reliability
- Setting up units to be tested with appropriate rotational sensing points, pressure transducers, TDC reference, vibration and ultrasonic test points
- Providing field deficiency reports to on-site personnel of critical problems that will affect the operation of the unit before the formal report is delivered
- Preparing formal analysis reports including all collected waveforms, performance calculations, a complete deficiency list with recommended corrective action and a discussion of any problems noted. Conduct peer review of analysis reports.
- Gathering unit geometry for proper set-up of the test equipment
- Directing the operation and adjustment of the equipment to be tested
- Gathering test data in an orderly and logical manner
- Perform total package vibration analysis using the spectral vibration capabilities of the analyzer to locate deficiencies related to skid, foundation and mounting adequacy, reciprocating component balance and alignment, plus component looseness, flexibility and resonance.
- Provide basic engine and compressor theory and diagnosis familiarization to repair technicians and equipment operators.
- Attend, participate and pass all qualification tests of the Windrock Qualified Analyst’s Training Program, while assisting with its evolving improvement.
- Be trained to provide installation, commissioning, programming, and calibration services as required on permanently installed analysis systems at customer locations.
- Learn and provide installation support and troubleshooting services for Windrock Spotlight systems, as needed.
- Teach basic Windrock classes; Learn to teach advanced Windrock classes
- Utilize CAD software and assist with creating drawing packages for new Online systems and update packages to “as-built”.
- Assist with creating work instructions and procedures
- Learn to and Provide Basic Level analysis training to customers
- Work one-on-one with customers and provide needed support to them.
- Travel requirement: 50% – 80% - must enjoy being a road warrior.
- A Bachelor’s Degree in a Technical field such as mechanical engineering or similar with 2 years’ progressive work experience is preferred.
- An Associate’s Degree in a Technical field such as mechanical engineering or similar with 4 years’ progressive work experience.
- In lieu of a Degree, 10 years of comparable / progressive experience will be considered.
- Mechanical aptitude is required for this role
- Experience in condition monitoring preferred
- Electrical experience helpful
- Strong mechanical knowledge of natural gas engines preferred
- Ability to work in a large machinery intensive environment
- Experience with CAD software or a willingness to learn CAD
- Proficient with computers and software, Microsoft Office Suite
- Must possess a valid driver’s license
- Must be able to work independently and possess a high level of self-motivation
- Ability to lift up to 75 pounds unaided
- Ability to travel 50-80%
- Willingness to be trained in the following classes:
- Basic Diesel
- Third Party Training Course
- Advanced Diesel & Advanced Software