Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Account Specialist I
Aon is looking for an Account Specialist I
As part of an industry-leading team, you will help empower results for our clients by delivering innovative and effective solutions supporting Risk as part of our Energy team, in Houston, TX.
Your impact as an Account Specialist I
Assists Account Executives and/ or Hybrid Account Executive/Brokers) on assigned accounts, managing key processes that serve clients and undertaking the client-facing and internal activities related to these processes. Account Specialists will also assist Brokers as necessary particularly on Commercial Risk business.
- Assists Account Executives on assigned accounts, managing key processes that serve clients and undertaking the client-facing and internal activities related to these processes.
- Maintains effective and productive relationships with clients.
- Performs account servicing functions including miscellaneous office duties in support of account servicing.
- When not performed within a broking unit, gathers and analyzes data on exposures, loss history and standard and unique coverage needs for submissions with the Brokerage Unit.
- Manages client open items lists and responds to client ad-hoc requests.
- Actively supports and monitors the renewal process. Drafts quote comparisons and follows up for binders, policies and endorsements.
- Where applicable, serves as the primary interface with Aon Client Services (ACS), coordinating activities of the client service team and ACS to ensure that key processes assigned are performed effectively.
- Primary interface with PASC on client administration matters.
- Receives and manages routine and complex coverage inquiries and endorsement requests. Serves as key client liaison for items such as certificates, auto IDs, location additions, invoices, allocations, premium finance agreements, summaries of insurance, and policy transmittals.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
You Bring Knowledge and Expertise
- While no prior experience is required, typically at least 1 year of successful business experience, preferably with corporate accounts/customers.
- Proficiency in PC office products such as Word, PowerPoint, Excel and Outlook is required.
- Evidence of ability to become proficient in the use of Aon specific software tools.
- P&C license - if you do not currently hold a P&C license, one must be obtained within the first 90 days.
- Bachelors Degree or equivalent with Risk Management / Business related curriculum preferred, or equivalent years of industry experience.
We offer you
A competitive total rewards package, continuing education & training, and tremendous potential with a growing worldwide organization.
Our Colleague Experience:
From helping clients gain access to capital after natural disasters, to creating access to health care and retirement for millions, Aon colleagues empower results for our clients, communities, and each other every day. They make a difference, work with the best, own their potential, and value one another. This is the Aon Colleague Experience, defining what it means to work at Aon and realizing our vision of empowering human and economic possibility. To learn more visit Aon Colleague Experience.
Aon plc (NYSE:AON) is a leading global professional services firm providing a broad range of risk, retirement and health solutions. Our 50,000 colleagues in 120 countries empower results for clients by using proprietary data and analytics to deliver insights that reduce volatility and improve performance.
By applying for a position with Aon, you understand that, should you be made an offer, it will be contingent on your undergoing and successfully completing a background check consistent with Aon's employment policies. Background checks may include some or all of the following based on the nature of the position: SSN/SIN validation, education verification, employment verification, and criminal check, search against global sanctions and government watch lists, fingerprint verification, credit check, and/or drug test. You will be notified during the hiring process which checks are required by the position.
Aon provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, veteran, marital, or domestic partner status. Aon is committed to a diverse workforce and is an affirmative action employer.
Nothing in this job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.