Amotec Technology Solutions
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Amotec Technology Solutions
AMOT, founded in 1948, is a leading global manufacturer of control, safety and hazardous area solutions for engines, compressors, turbines and other rotating equipment in the oil and gas, marine, power generation and transportation industries. Our product families include valves, electric and pneumatic instrumentation, control and condition monitoring systems and hazardous area safety products.
The AMOT Senior Accountant is a hands-on accounting professional with proven problem solving, analytical, and communication skills. Must have experience with full cycle month-end closing processes and financial reporting requirements. This position will perform manufacturing analysis while supporting the establishment of more efficient accounting procedures. A successful candidate combines excellent analytical skills with a thorough knowledge of accounting principles and computer skills to analyze accounts, transactions, and financial reports. The ideal candidate will also have experience collaborating with cross functional personnel and management to re-engineer existing processes targeted for improvement and drive new processes. At a senior level, performs complex and advanced financial accounting, analysis and reporting activities.
• Prepare accurate and timely financial statements in accordance with our established schedule and with input from the rest of the Accounting Team
• Full cycle accounting; apply generally accepted accounting principles (GAAP) to analyze financial information and prepare both external and management based financial reports
• Month and year-end close process- general journal entries, accruals, account analysis and reconciliation of accounts
• Responsible for the cost accounting function including cycle count auditing and monitoring, standard cost roll process, preparation and review of the inventory E&O reserve, preparation and review of manufacturing variances and inventory management and reconciliation
• Prepares flash reports and quarterly P&L and Balance Sheet forecasts and annual Financial Plans.
• Supports the Corporate internal audit process
• Supports Controller with special projects as assigned
• Participates in process improvement initiatives
• Aids in establishing and performing internal control guidelines and testing
• Contributes to the development of internal financial policies and procedures
• Maintains well-documented work papers and instructions for journal entries and account reconciliations
• Organizes and reviews various accounting reports
• Assists in coordination of annual budget and periodic forecasting
• Ad-hoc projects & reporting as assigned
• Candidate must show a desire to improve processes and results while maintaining essential accuracy and communication that supports adherence of all Corporate and Segment reporting.
Education and Experience:
• Bachelor’s Degree in Finance or Accounting.
• 4 or more years of progressive experience in Accounting or Financial Planning & Analysis.
• Experience with manufacturing, inventory and cost accounting concepts
• Knowledgeable in intercompany transactions and eliminations and foreign currency.
• Experience with Hyperion or Smartview a plus.
• Detail oriented, with strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Willingness to take initiative and work independently with minimal supervision.
• Interpersonal skills with ability to interact effectively with all levels of management and work in a team environment.
• Experience working in a manufacturing environment with a multinational corporate structure preferred.
• Strong computer skills including good knowledge of Microsoft Office software suite and experience with a major ERP system. Strong Excel skills required.
Knowledge and Skills:
• Language: Excellent oral, written and verbal interpersonal and presentation communication skills. The ability to interact effectively with all levels of management and work in a team environment.
• Work Skills: Solid working knowledge of GAAP, Cost Accounting, and ERP systems. Excellent project management, analytical, and organizational skills.
• Physical Requirements: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to sit; use hands/fingers to handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to stand; walk and reach with hands and arms. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 25 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 40 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision and ability to adjust focus.
• Working Conditions: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts; fumes or airborne particles; toxic or caustic chemicals and risk of electrical shock when in the operations or laboratory areas. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate, but due to open office environment noise level may occasionally be high.
Disclaimer: The above information on this description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. EOE/AA/M/F/Vet/Disability