American Credit Acceptance
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Business Development Manager-Located in Texas
at American Credit Acceptance
Spartan Financial Partners (SFP) is a division of American Credit Acceptance (ACA). SFP’s business model is based on advancing money through a line of credit arrangement to Buy Here Pay Here (BHPH) used car dealerships and indirect finance companies located across the United States. SFP secures a line of credit by holding retail installment loan contracts and related vehicle titles as collateral.
The Business Development Manager is responsible for taking sales leads that are generated from various sources (Spartan sales team, conferences, referrals, etc.), qualifying the leads to ensure they meet the credit/collateral standards established at the time, converting those leads into signed Letters of Intent and eventually closed Bulk deals. This role will work closely with the Spartan Transaction team on Spartan deals. When there are not new leads to qualify/convert, this position will also be responsible for prospecting and finding new business through building relationships with dealer/indirect lenders, industry leaders and vendors, attending conferences, and any other viable sources.
- Convert leads into closed deals with indirect auto lenders and Buy Here Pay Here (BHPH) dealers
- Gather and review applications, collateral information, financials, etc. that can be used in the creation of term sheets, Letters of Intent, and eventually the underwriting process
- Consult with indirect lenders and BHPH dealers to understand their specific needs and objectives regarding their approach and understanding of the special finance market
- Understand the Bulk Purchase Agreement and explain it to potential clients
- Identify and build relationships with potential clients
- Cooperatively work with members of the sales team on new LOC and Bulk opportunities
- Conduct phone and in-person interviews/meetings with BHPH dealers and indirect lenders interested in Spartan products to determine if they meet the current underwriting guidelines
- Travel nationwide for in-person meetings with new prospects when needed
- Facilitate communication and coordinate with potential clients and the Spartan Transaction and Underwriting teams on deal structure, recourse, pricing, etc.
- Maintain a high level of industry knowledge with a specific expertise in sub-prime auto finance and it's applications to indirect lenders and BHPH dealers
- Meet or exceed monthly sales quotas while increasing current Bulk client satisfaction
- 5+ years of experience in automotive industry and business development preferred
- Knowledge and/or relationships in the Auto finance industry is preferred
- Exceptional professional and persuasive negotiation skills
- Exceptional interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to meet and exceed sales origination goals
- Be able to maintain composure and multitask in a fast paced environment
- Demonstrate an outgoing personality with the ability to build relationships and establish trust among clients
- Must possess the ability to solve problems, digest and apply information, learn new skills, and think critically
- Must possess the ability to utilize Internet browsers and common desktop applications such as email and word processing programs
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Work Environment and Physical Demands
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines.
Position Type/Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position with a work schedule of Monday-Friday with some schedule variations as needed.
This position will require regular travel regionally.
ACA provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. ACA complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.