Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
- Requisition ID
- Work Location
- Department / Discipline
- Finance Operations
- Position Type
- Staff / Permanent
- Professional & Technical
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently recruiting for a Senior Accountant based in our Houston, TX office.
You must live within a reasonable commute from the office, as no relocation will be provided for this role.
Authorization to work permanently in the U.S. without sponsorship is required.
The position is to lead the company's financial accounting and corporate reporting and control activities across the Group companies and to ensure they are carried out efficiently, effectively and in line with best practice and comply with all internal and external regulatory requirements.
Provides organisational and administrative leadership for all financial operations. These responsibilities include implementation of accounting policy, internal and external financial reporting, financial analysis and internal controls and procedures.
Manage Finance team, advise Directors, liaison with senior Finance personnel in parent company. Maintains relationships with external stakeholders such as Auditors, Banks
Role Essential Responsibilities:
- Lead and participate in all financial operations of the company including reporting, forecasting, invoicing and cash management, accounts payable/receivable and payroll
- Build relationships with operations colleagues to gain a clear understanding of the business underlying the numbers and to providing financial decision support analysis
- Management responsibility for Finance team through appropriate structure to facilitate completion of accurate and timely month-end figures.
- Development of continuous improvement in processes and analysis of business contracts in alignment with Integrated Management System.
- Complete cost-of-sales analysis, P&L analysis and balance sheet preparation for specific business areas.
- Lead, coach, mentor and develop the Finance team to ensure that appropriate skills are available.
- Supporting the Directors/Finance Manager to provide high quality business reporting, analysis, control and support both internally and externally.
Skills / Qualifications
Skills / Qualifications:
- Previous experience in a similar position for at least 5 years, including experience of providing Financial Control across a group of companies.
- Bachelor’s and/ or Master’s degree in accounting is required
- Fully qualified accountant (CPA, ACA, ACCA or CIMA) required
- Sound and up to date knowledge of GAAP and International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS).
- Experience in the application of internal control procedures and frameworks
- Experience of managing staff within the Accounts department; strong team leader skills including running a team in a dynamic environment.
- Involvement in the implementation of processing and control systems in a time pressured environment.
- Track record in process improvement.
- Operational experience is essential - any experience of global operations would be an advantage but is not essential
- Good Excel skills.
- Good interpersonal skills and confidence.
- Hands-on approach and proven ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 60,000 people, with revenues of over $10 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets, including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear, and general industrial sectors. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
If you can’t see the perfect role advertised online, the talent community is the best way to keep up to date with job opportunities and events relevant to you.
Click here to join today!