Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Project Manager- Refinery
- Requisition ID
- Work Location
- US-TX-Deer Park
- Department / Discipline
- Project Management
- Position Type
- Staff / Permanent
- Professional & Technical
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is recruiting for a Project Manager in the Houston, TX Office with strong refining experience.
Authorization to work permanently in the U.S. without sponsorship required.
- Manages and is responsible for all aspects of the execution of the assigned scope of work for the project. Accountable for meeting HSE, quality, schedule and budget performance goals for assigned scope of work
- Has bottom line responsibility for the financial and technical success of very large projects
- Responsible for all phases of planning and execution on major (mega) engineering, procurement, and/or construction projects
- Serves as the unifying agent accomplishing direction, coordination, and control of the overall project in accordance with established policies, procedures, systems, and requirements approved by the company
- Demonstrated expertise in the development of project schedules, cost budgets and understanding and analysis of the data
- Has in-depth understanding of project goals, drivers, strategies, risks and opportunities
- Proficient understanding of the company’s businesses, competing projects, profit impact of decisions, and integrity management
- Proficient understanding of how to manage contingency and contingency drawdown
- Proficient understanding of contract terminology
- Expected to solve problems requiring an understanding of social and political implications
- Consistently demonstrates ingenuity and initiative to coordinate problem resolution, resolve conflicting priorities and to meet project deadlines within a complex environment
- Finds solutions to critical or difficult to resolve conflicts between customer and management requirements
- Projects are typically unique and /or highly complex, of significant magnitude, scope and difficulty
- Plans and manages medium-sized EPC/EPCM projects or portions of major EPC/EPCM projects with medium to high risk profiles
- Many issues managed are time-sensitive and/or multi-faceted Thorough understanding of workshare coordination
- Scope, complexity and financial risk associated with the project requires involvement of project manager in selling the project, negotiating the terms, and attracting the required staff
- HECSS – Capable of managing major projects of groups of projects with over $250 million total
- Builds relationships within the company and with customers, contractors, suppliers, competitors, officials both nationally and internationally
- Acts as senior company representative to the customer, in the community and with contractors
- Facilitates customer and other stakeholder visits to project sites and company, subcontractor and supplier facilities
- Thorough understanding of effective client communication management
- Ensures that business initiatives and goals are effectively communicated to employees
- Leads a large project team covering several specialties with staff from more than one office and work in several locations
- Work would include office and field staffs
- Manages moderate risk subcontracted work with no previous experience
- Self-directed and has the ability to respond to deviations without the need for direction
Skills / Qualifications
Successful candidate will possess:
• Minimum 10 years’ experience serving as a Project Manager in the downstream and chemical industry
• Proven track record of effectively managing projects while meeting safety, quality, and budget and schedule performance goals
• Demonstrated effectiveness in project negotiations, multi-site interfaces, commercial management of contracts and supplier and contractor quality systems, management of change systems, and implementation of project management strategies
• Proficient experience in the management of contracts, budgeting, controlling costs, planning, scheduling and management of change
• HECSS – Minimum of 15 years of related experience
- Use of HVEC on previous projects is highly suggested
- Engineering or Technical Degree preferred
- PMP (Project Management Professional) certification is desirable
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 60,000 people, with revenues of over $10 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets, including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear, and general industrial sectors. www.woodplc.com?
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
If you can’t see the perfect role advertised online, the talent community is the best way to keep up to date with job opportunities and events relevant to you.
Click here to join today!