Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
- Requisition ID
- Work Location
- US-TX-Deer Park
- Department / Discipline
- Project Management
- Position Type
- Staff / Permanent
- Professional & Technical
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently sourcing a Project Manager to support our client based in Deer Park, Texas.
At this time, we will only consider applications from (US) citizens or those with the required permit/VISA for this region, in place.
Skills / Qualifications
- Responsible for participating in and/or leading project scope definition, project studies, siting studies etc. to meet business/ manufacturing requirements.
- Responsible for execution of capital projects in the range of 60-110 m$, starting from FEED through detailed engineering to construction and start-up utilizing global project execution work processes.
- Promote, lead and maintain safety at construction sites, following policies and OSHA guidelines.
- Lead and provide direction to the engineering team to prepare FEED/FEL.
- Prepare budget or AR (Authorization Request) funding estimate.
- Prepare, monitor and progress the project schedule.
- Support BU’s (Business Units) in AR preparation and approval.
- In collaboration with CAPEX Procurement, prepare and issue Request for Proposals for third party engineering, procurement and construction contracts
- Selection of engineering contractors for detail engineering.
- Selection and management of construction contractors and construction staff.
- Organize and direct engineering projects.
- Ensure project is designed in accordance with all applicable codes and standards, including the companies.
- Assures that all necessary permits are obtained in cooperation with the Business Units.
- Project cost monitoring and control.
- Project Risk Assessment and Management.
- Report project progress to the P&E Management, Project Steering Committee and the business Project Leader.
- A bachelors (required) or master’s degree (preferred) in Chemical or Mechanical engineering.
- 10-15 years of prior project management experience in successfully leading projects through full cycle completion: Proven experience in leading project teams and demonstrated ability to delegate tasks to team members while leading them to be successful in executing those tasks.
- Previous project management experience in the Chemical, Energy and/or Oil/Gas industry.
- High level of knowledge in reading and understanding project engineering documents such as P&ID’s, PFDs, project execution plans, project schedules, cost reports.
- Must have strong interpersonal and influence skills to direct work and lead teams. Previous experience being a direct line manager is a merit.
- Must have strong team working skills: collaboration, engagement and involvement of multiple stakeholders.
- Must have strong safety leadership skills: demonstrated success delivering project that meet safety requirements.
- Good communication and presentation skills are required.
- High level of skill in MS Office and MS Project or Primavera (P6), Cost Reporting from accounting systems (e.g., SAP).
- May be required to travel frequently in order to manage projects at other - travel could be 50%+ primarily within the U.S. depending on specific project assignment.
- PMP certification a plus.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 60,000 people, with revenues of over $10 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets, including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear, and general industrial sectors. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
If you can’t see the perfect role advertised online, the talent community is the best way to keep up to date with job opportunities and events relevant to you.
Click here to join today!