Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
- Project Manager
- Requisition ID
- Work Location
- Department / Discipline
- Project Management
- Position Type
- Staff / Permanent
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently hiring for a Project Manager operating out of Houston with occassional travel to St. Johns, Canada. The project scope is around onshore commissioning in Texas & Newfoundland and an offshore hook up out of Newfoundland.
Key Responsibilities & Duties
- Ensuring the scope of work is clear and that the project delivers the expected outcomes and benefits
- Planning and resourcing work
- Developing risk management strategy on projects, tailored to project scale and complexity
- Interfacing with Design Managers and Technical Leads to ensure we meet and exceed Client expectations in the quality of our technical deliverables
- Motivating people involved in the project, understanding strengths and weaknesses to achieve a high performing team
- Implementing project management solutions and standardised tools, yet tailoring to projects, so as to deliver within time and to budget constraints
- Implementing processes which prove value for money to the Client
- Accurate estimating and forecasting, including Earned Value Analysis and effective change management
- Reporting both internally and externally, including client and stakeholder presentations
- Identifying issues and implementing recovery plans for projects
- Working as an integrated member into Client organisations to support development and implementation of project management best practice
- Leading technical and administrative teams to produce winning bids with robust schedule and costs
- Preparing project management documentation such as Project Execution Plans, Quality Plans, Health and Safety Plans, Stakeholder Management Plans
- Contract administration and interfacing with the commercial legal teams
Skills / Qualifications
Required Skills & Experience
- Developing pre-work plan for both the topsides and CGS to minimize offshore scope
- Experience leading commissioning projects
- Turnover / start up experience
- Experience in a multi-disciplinary or engineering consultancy business
- Experience in any/all of the technical disciplines listed in “Purpose” above
- Experience of managing and delivering regeneration and/or land development/disposal projects
- Significant project management experience
- Experience of working at all stages of the project lifecycle
- Decisive and able to work well under pressure
- Good understanding of health and safety
- Possess excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Able to co-ordinate work carried out by different people and organisations
- Possess a minimum of intermediate-level Excel skills
- Able to develop and manage schedules in Microsoft Project and/or Primavera P6
- Excellent at time management and managing competing pressures from different projects
Qualifications and accreditations
- Degree level or equivalent in an engineering, building, quantity surveying, science or business subject
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 60,000 people, with revenues of over $10 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets, including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear, and general industrial sectors. www.woodplc.com?
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
If you can’t see the perfect role advertised online, the talent community is the best way to keep up to date with job opportunities and events relevant to you.
Click here to join today!