Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Process Engineer- Clear Lake, Texas
- Requisition ID
- Work Location
- Department / Discipline
- Engineering - Process
- Position Type
- On Call
- Professional & Technical
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently recruiting for a Process Safety Engineer with experience in the chemical manufacturing industry in the Clear Lake,Texas area. You will provide process engineering design, technical expertise to support capital project execution and PHA/PSM evaluation
Authorization to work permanently in the U.S., able to work without company sponsorship of any type.
Must be local to the area, no relocation package available.
- Ensure achievement of the 4 Core Principles (Stewardship, Quality, Reliability, Engagement) in implementing process, product, and equipment changes for the CO projects
- Perform process design, equipment specification and calculations for project scope definition and execution to maximize production capacity, efficiency, reliability, process safety and environmental performance
- Ensure compliance with all applicable policies, procedures, laws, regulations, Company standards as they pertain to the following: Safety, Health, Environmental, Process Safety and Engineering Standards.
- Ensure process design recommendations will provide safety of personnel and maintenance of the equipment
- Identify existing process parameters for equipment design and specification. This includes monitoring and evaluating process variables, sample results and understanding changes and/or corrections to maintain optimum control, efficiency and safety of the unit and equipment.
- Collaborate with the Process Safety Program Owner and outside servicing company to facilitate process safety initiative for projects. Collect documentation for PHA validation and participate in group reviews to support project execution.
- Prioritize work in accordance with World Class Project Objectives and support team execution for process design, specification and installation.
- Address MOC and MOOC activities for Projects.
- Coordinate with vendors for process design of equipment modification and addition.
- Provide process information for projects to environmental engineer and outside service company for regulatory permits.
- Provide process information for projects to the managers and their team resources for Reliability Engineering, Turnaround and DCS/SIS Upgrade Projects.
- Perform inspections as process engineering representative in coordination with reliability and operations teams with recommendations for equipment repair and/or modifications.
- Coordinate with technical experts for equipment design and specification. [office resources as needed for specialized equipment and project execution]
- Collaborate with project team members
- Provide weekly update of progress and needs to project and technical managers.
Skills / Qualifications
A Bachelor of Science degree in Chemical Engineering
Minimum of 5 years of experience in process engineering for chemical manufacturing facilities
- Able to productively identify needed tasks and next steps and drive them to completion
- Technical knowledge of process design [i.e. hydraulic/rotating/heat exchange/Aspen], reliability, process safety and operation chemical manufacturing facilities
- Basic Knowledge of DCS/SIS Operations
- Proficient with development of process and equipment technical data and drawings (P&IDs)
- Experience in a PSM process as well as some knowledge of PSM regulations and requirements
- Understanding of Continuous Process Operations and utilities for chemical manufacturing
- Good experience and skill set in the use of Microsoft’s suite of office products
- Experience with cold boxes and gas separation a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (fluent in English)
- Must be a US Perm resident, able to work without any company sponsorship of any type.
- Must live local to the area, or within a reasonable commute. No relocation package available.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 60,000 people, with revenues of over $10 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets, including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear, and general industrial sectors. www.woodplc.com?
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
If you can’t see the perfect role advertised online, the talent community is the best way to keep up to date with job opportunities and events relevant to you.
Click here to join today!