Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Mid-Level Water / Wastewater Engineer
- Requisition ID
- Work Location
- Department / Discipline
- Engineering - Civil
- Position Type
- Staff / Permanent
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood Environment & Infrastructure Solutions currently has an opportunity available for a Mid-Level Water / Wastewater Engineer.
Are you an Engineer with 5+ years of experience? Are you looking for an opportunity to work with an established environmental consulting firm on technically complex projects and with opportunities for personal and professional growth? Are you looking for a firm that values its employee’s enthusiasm and technical contributions? We are growing and have a career opportunity for a Mid-Level Water / Wastewater Engineer to join our dynamic team. Houston, Texas is preferred location but other locations possible for candidates with right experience and capabilities.
- Develop high quality, safety focused, sustainable engineering solutions to our industrial clients for consulting, design and construction services focused around industrial water / stormwater / wastewater evaluation & process design, facilities planning, engineering, permitting & compliance, construction, operations and general civil / industrial engineering services
- Contribute to staff development and provide quality review, quality assurance and mentoring
- Execute project performance and budget monitoring & reporting (internally and externally)
- Serve as an effective interface between client's project team and consulting team, conveying technical, schedule and financial information in a timely and professional manner
- Contribute to client business development activities, including client development, SOW and proposal preparation and client-centric presentations
- Will travel to project sites - Approximately 35% overnight travel
Skills / Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in Civil, Environmental, Chemical Engineering or closely related engineering discipline required; MS degree preferred
- Professional registration as EIT, able to secure PE in short period
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in industrial water solutions including studies through design and construction support or direct construction
- Be able to learn project management skills
- Adept at relationship building, team building and conflict resolution
- Strong interpersonal, presentation and writing skills
- Willing to travel up to 35% to meet project needs
- Must pass drug test and background check
- Experience dealing with regulatory authorities; Previous employment at a regulatory agency is considered a plus if accompanied by direct consulting engineering experience or direct industry experience
- Direct experience working for an industrial company, especially if accompanied with consulting experience
- Field work in outdoor environments
- Wear petrochemical facility standard PPE including FRCs, steel toed shoes, half face and full face respirators
- Will be required to lift equipment not exceeding 40 pounds
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 60,000 people, with revenues of over $10 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets, including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear, and general industrial sectors. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
If you can’t see the perfect role advertised online, the talent community is the best way to keep up to date with job opportunities and events relevant to you.
Click here to join today!