Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Graduate Ocean Engineer / Naval Architect
- Requisition ID
- Work Location
- Department / Discipline
- Engineering - Systems
- Position Type
- Professional & Technical
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently recruiting for a Graduate Engineer with extensive experience in Ocean Engineering / Naval Architect. The Graduate Engineer's principal objective is to assist Engineers & other Group personnel in developing and/or delivering work scopes related to naval architecture and riser engineering disciplines as allocated by the Team Lead or Lead Engineer. All work scopes shall be focused at assisting the development of the Graduate Engineer.
US Only: Authorization to work in the United States without sponsorship required.
Skills / Qualifications
The Graduate Engineer shall:
- Work towards the achievement of the company vision statement. Be familiar and comply with the company’s Quality Management System policy as it relates to their area of work.
- Assist with the design / concept & engineering in the area of naval architecture, riser design, mooring systems, hydrodynamics, vessel stability and other marine engineering functions.
- Assist with the development of specifications and selection of systems related to naval architecture and riser disciplines.
- Assist with the preparation and checking of engineering reports and procedures.
- Assist with the development of testing, installation, operation, and maintenance procedures.
- Assist with Factory Acceptance Testing and System Integration Testing of new equipment on Contractor's premises.
- Assist with verifying that the project conforms to appropriate safety standards and carries all necessary safety assessments.
- Interact with department members to ensure that work is produced and issued in a timely manner and project information is distributed amongst them.
- Contribute to lessons learned exercises.
- Establish good rapport and build relationships with peers and clients by responding to requests and communicating information in a timely manner.
- Remain updated on current professional practices and maintain a high awareness of new products and procedures in industry by monitoring trade publications and actively participating in professional associations.
- Comply with all company policies including safety policies.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 60,000 people, with revenues of over $10 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets, including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear, and general industrial sectors. www.woodplc.com?
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
If you can’t see the perfect role advertised online, the talent community is the best way to keep up to date with job opportunities and events relevant to you.
Click here to join today!