Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Ethics and compliance project manager
- Requisition ID
- Work Location
- Department / Discipline
- Corporate Compliance
- Position Type
- Staff / Permanent
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently recruiting for a project manager to join its ethics and compliance team in Houston, Texas. This role is responsibile for the delivery of key ethics and compliance projects – in particular Wood's Group-level training and communications programs - on time, to scope, on budget and to the function’s quality expectations. The role ensures that all resourcing, leadership engagement and communications aspects of project scopes are fully understood by all members of the project. The role also has the responsibility to dentify, reduce and remove any risks through active management to ensure the successful delivery of all projects.
Delivery of Key Improvement Projects
- Project management activities on E&C projects
- Specifically the initiation, planning, design, execution, monitoring, controlling and closure of E&C projects.
- Typically, those projects that have a level of complexity/business criticality that require dedicated, specialist project management expertise e.g. group-wide integration or new program development.
- The role provides leadership in order to ensure the success of the project including that the project is delivered on schedule, on budget and meet the project’s deliverables
- Lead, manage and enhance Wood’s compliance training strategy focused on providing engaging, relevant and impactful compliance education and training to employees across Wood (c 60,000 employees).
- Manage the integration of the compliance training and communications programmes across the organisation.
- Complete and maintain training needs analysis aligned to the compliance risk assessment and develop training across a broad range of issues (e.g. Code of Conduct, GDPR and other elements of the compliance program).
- Develop, maintain and execute a compliance training matrix, in agreement with all key stakeholders to ensure regulatory training and Administrative Agreement requirements are met.
- Ensures improvement in the training program to include maximising automation of employee on-boarding and ongoing compliance training.
- Write and edit compliance education and communications materials, including online courses, as well as delivering face to face training.
- Development and improvement of the LMS provision in conjunction with division stakeholders; P&O, IT.
- Establish and maintain metrics and reporting to reflect effectiveness of global compliance training and communications programs
- Determine, manage and appraise training providers.
- Ensures training project(s) closeout lessons learned are captured and socialised within ethics and compliance team.
- Ensure that training records are tracked, maintained and archived.
- Manages global compliance resources and budget associated with communications and training initiatives including the training contract worth $500,000 US over 3 years.
- Design and lead a strategy to convey compliance and ethics messages across Wood and tailored, role-based messages to key employee groups. This includes: company-wide compliance communications, company newsletters, role-based communications, compliance bulletins (sanctions updates, changes to polices / procedures), global compliance campaigns (e.g. Code of Conduct, GDPR, business ethics week) and other forms of communication as part of Wood’s Global Compliance program.
- Interface and work closely with the corporate comms team to develop and deliver the comms strategy.
- Develop engaging communications content tailored to various audiences to form the basis of communications through various channels.
- Work with senior leadership to incorporate compliance messages into regional, functional and business communications to further support the compliance’s program strategy and champion ethics and integrity messages through Wood.
- Direct support to chief ethics and compliance officer including; budget monitioring and preparation, presentation and reporting.
- General support to the compliance program as directed by compliance counsel.
- Support with compliance planning, risk and analytics.
Skills / Qualifications
- Degree qualified English/Modern Languages, Law, Communications
- Formal project management qualifiation preferred
Knowledge, skills and experience:
- Excellent project management skills
- Strong program management skills, including ability to develop strategy and approach for global efforts as well as the ability to organize, execute and manage multiple priorities.
- Leadership presence and experience presenting to senior leadership.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills.
- Strong analytical and critical thinking skills.
- Confidence to handle pressures and deadlines.
- Possess a high energy level and strong work ethic with a commitment to continuous improvement in a dynamic environment that strives to exceed expectations.
- Ability to take an abstract task and translate it into action, including stakeholder identification, scoping of resources, project plan, risk analysis, etc.
- Ability to communicate effectively both written and orally to all levels of management and across different cultural backgrounds.
- Proven track record in development, design and delivery of training or competence programmes within Oil& Gas/ other highly regulated industry.
- Experience working within a multi-stakeholder environment to drive change and improvement.
- Experience of managing change
- Solid understanding of business acumen
- Experience of develop and rolling out either communication and/or training programs for corporate functions preferred
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 60,000 people, with revenues of over $10 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets, including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear, and general industrial sectors. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
If you can’t see the perfect role advertised online, the talent community is the best way to keep up to date with job opportunities and events relevant to you.
Click here to join today!