Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
- Requisition ID
- Work Location
- Department / Discipline
- Human Resources
- Position Type
- Agency / Contract
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently sourcing for a Human Resources Administrator(contract to hire) to join our team in Houston, TX(77084)..
*U.S Only; Ahothization to work in the US permanently without sponsorship required.
Our People & Organization (P&O) manages all people activity, including compensation, benefits, mobility, employee relations, recruiting, talent development and information systems. Everything People (EP) is a one-stop P&O support center for employees and leaders that focuses on effective and efficient execution of end-to-end people processes for the Americas region.
The HR Administrator serves as the point of contact for the Everything People Support Center (EPSC) by resolving inquiries within an accurate and timely manner. Responsible for data management across the range of HR Information Systems. Provide effective administrative support to the People and Organization (P&O) function including supporting projects.
Skills / Qualifications
- Under general supervision, responsible for providing a positive customer service experience by responding to inquiries by phone and electronic communications timely by taking ownership of managing each to conclusion within the case management system. Escalating to next tier of support when necessary to do so
- Ability to investigate, research, and troubleshoot complex scenarios driving to resolution
- Collaborate with P&O functional partners and departmental managers to obtain and furnish accurate information
- Process the full life-cycle transaction changes of an employee and contingent worker by obtaining proper approvals and accountable for inputting data with accuracy
- Responsible for all aspects of Wood’s new hire onboarding process to include drafting terms and conditions of offer letter through hire date into HR system
- Knowledge of Form I-9 compliance and employment authorization
- Responsible for all aspects of Wood’s offboarding process to include administering all separation tasks including conducting separation interviews detailing last day details through final pay
- Process unemployment claims and attends hearings when necessary
- Responsible for maintenance and compliance of all filing requirements ensuring personnel records remain up to date and accurate
- Support process improvement projects by helping to identify recurring issues and problematic trends by recommending changes in procedures and assist with documenting and drafting process flows
- Proactively evaluate and advise of updates needed to HR policies, procedures, documents
- Assist with maintaining website content and knowledge in appropriate locations
- Attend and participate within team meetings, discussions, and on occasion present ideas and concepts to team
- Responsible for reviewing and comprehension of communications from management
- Provide data, documentation, and administration support within the P&O Function
- Support special projects and HR initiatives
- Degree in HR related field strongly preferred
- Equivalent experience
- 0-4 years of work experience, 2-4 years of HR experience is desired
- Experience in a customer service environment is preferred
- Experience in an HRIS system, preferably Oracle
- General knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
- Knowledge in Visio and SharePoint is a plus
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 60,000 people, with revenues of over $10 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets, including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear, and general industrial sectors. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
If you can’t see the perfect role advertised online, the talent community is the best way to keep up to date with job opportunities and events relevant to you.
Click here to join today!