Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Electrical Commissioning Lead
- Requisition ID
- Work Location
- Department / Discipline
- Position Type
- Fixed Term
- Professional & Technical
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently recruiting an Electrical Commissioning Lead with upstream/offshore oil and gas commissioning experience. The position will be located in Houston, Texas.
PRIMARY FUNCTIONS: Support integrated Systems Completion team during FEED and Detail Design in the preparation and development of all Electrical Commissioning and Start-up deliverables, including strategy documents, procedures and all planning documentation, etc.
KEY OBJECTIVES OF THE JOB: Keen safety awareness and advocacy; multi-discipline technical team leadership, planning and coordination of work within a simultaneous operations environment, having technical expertise relevant to design and operation of assigned systems and liaising with equipment engineers, equipment vendors, construction personnel and operations team members.
CRITICAL SAFETY RESPONSIBILITIES: Be responsible for understanding and executing Woods’s Safety Policies and Procedures throughout all phases of the project. Personal safety awareness and team safety awareness are necessary.
- Assist the Commissioning Manager in planning development and reporting
- Developing detailed commissioning and start-up procedures for assigned electrical systems
- Provide daily, on-site/in-field leadership, coordination and management of a multi-discipline team of electrical commissioning leads and technicians
- Interact with Engineering and Operations team for input and draw from past experience and knowledge when developing procedures
- Ensure preparation and approve job cards for Pre-Commissioning/Commissioning activities
- Liaise with Construction/Mechanical Completion groups on a daily basis
- Supervise the Electrical Commissioning Team in meeting scheduled deadlines and ensuring the technical integrity of work carried out
- Control of job card allocation and completion
- Assist Construction with inspection and Punch Lists of installation and vendor packages
- Acceptance of Mechanically complete sub-systems packages
- Manage the completion of walk-downs and Punch Lists of offered system/sub-systems
- Manage electrical vendor support during the commissioning phase for the assigned systems
- Verification of Pre-Commissioning certification
- Updating and forwarding the Punch List per system to the CMS/Database Operator
- Addressing Electrical Commissioning issues and resolving schedule conflicts within the Electrical team
- Ensure all documentation; tools, consumables and equipment are available to perform work scope
- Ensure Technicians work is carried out in a safe and controlled manner in accordance with site procedures and PTW system
- Coordination of Certifying Authority witnessing on site
- Coordination of functional testing of commissioned systems and engaging the Operations Team when and where needed
- Provide Operations with technical support throughout start-up, stabilization and performance testing
- Provide Turnover Coordinator with the required handover documentation, ensuring a smooth handover to Offshore Operations
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and written
- Coordinate activities with other departments and staff
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with direct supervision and other departments
- Other duties as may be assigned or requested
Skills / Qualifications
QUALIFICATIONS: Candidate should be a motivated self-starter with complex problem solving ability. Excellent communication skills and team oriented personality required to interface with Construction and Operations Teams. A detailed working knowledge of offshore oil and gas processing facilities and deepwater facilities is required including:
- Electrical theory, work methods, tools and testing equipment used in the commissioning of Oil/ Gas Facilities.
- Telephone, telemetry and SCADA equipment.
- Regulations pertaining to electrical and electronic installation, maintenance and repairs.
- Electrical Distribution Systems including 480V Motor Control Centers
- Lighting Systems and Distribution Panels
- DC and UPS Power Systems
- Wiring and Troubleshooting abilities
- PLC logic controls
- Experience with Turbine Generator Start up and Commissioning
- Experience with Diesel Engine driven Back up Emergency Generator Sets
- Experience with 480VAC, medium voltage 4160VAC and above switchgear controls
- Report writing and records maintenance
- Permit to work System
- Candidate must be able to manage leads and technicians in the coordination of work
- Occupational hazards and standard safety procedures
Education and Experience:
Proven background, typically 10 years minimum in onshore Oil & Gas Completion and Commissioning activities in a Lead Technician or Engineer’s role, preferably with offshore deepwater experience. Proven Supervisory experience in a Commissioning role in Instrumentation. Proficient written and oral English language communication skills.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations:
Higher National Certificate (or equivalent) in a primary Engineering discipline.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 60,000 people, with revenues of over $10 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets, including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear, and general industrial sectors. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
If you can’t see the perfect role advertised online, the talent community is the best way to keep up to date with job opportunities and events relevant to you.
Click here to join today!