Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Category Manager - Fleet and Rental Equipment
- Requisition ID
- Work Location
- Department / Discipline
- Procurement / Supply Chain
- Position Type
- Staff / Permanent
Overview / Responsibilities
Wood is currently recruiting for a Category Manager- Fleet and Rental Equipment based in the Houston, TX 77084 office.
*U.S. Only- Authorization to work permanently in the U.S. without sponsorship required.
Define, manage, and implement procurement strategies for Fleet Management and Rental Equipment. Provide direct analytical support through cost, price, and TCO modeling. Manage cross-functional business relationships in the development and implementation of collaborative procurement strategies, end to end contracting, performance management, and continuous improvement. Work as the primary change agent and supplier relationship manager for improving Safety, Delivery and Cost in the Fleet and Rental Equipment Categories.
- Create, implement, and manage a Strategic Sourcing Plan for the Fleet and Rental Equipment categories in order to achieve the best commercial position.
- Collaborate with stakeholders to develop supplier and commodity plans which support projects and service lines in the creation of added value to the company.
- Lead contract strategies, negotiations, and supplier selection for assigned commodities and services.
- Regularly review category strategies and enhance effectiveness of existing strategies and/or develop new strategies in response to evolving market factors and requirements.
- Drive supplier rationalization, standardization, and cost reduction opportunities.
- Lead supplier relationship management activities for respective category.
- Work with project and supply chain personnel to ensure safe and timely delivery of quality products and services which satisfy all requirements.
- Support the business (pre and post award) with contract risk management expertise and ensure compliance between business unit and suppliers.
- Identify supplier risk for respective category and develop mitigation plans to alleviate potential loss to the business.
- Monitor and ensure fleet operations are in compliance with local and state rules and regulations; provide recommendations for compliance.
- Manage the organization and monitoring of fleet maintenance and registration programs.
- Manage the telematics platform, including vehicle assignment, and flag concerns.
- Create, deliver and analyze metric reports related to operational costs, preventative maintenance and scheduling, aging, vehicle availability and incident claims; recommend policy changes.
- Perform proper fleet vehicle disposal and release to auction process.
- Manage operational needs of drivers (e.g., fuel cards, fuel pin assignments, etc.).
- Participate in fleet specification and selection process
- Assist in vehicle physical inventory counts
KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE ANDSKILLS
- Ability to identify root causes to issues and proactively resolving problems, leveraging cross-functional business partnerships.
- Ability to draw insight from analysis, and to effectively summarize and present insight based on the needs of the audience.
- Knowledge of associated fleet items; fuel programs, vehicle parameters, tagging, etc.
- Ability to plan and organize functions and activities related to the procurement, servicing, operation, maintenance and repair of company fleet.
- Ability to conduct independent market intelligence.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Business and financial acumen.
- Excellent negotiation skills.
- Proficient with Excel and MS Office Suite.
- Ability to communicate persuasively with strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to cultivate relationships with key business partners & executives.
Skills / Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in Procurement, Supply Chain, Business Administration or Business Management, Operations, Finance, or a related field.
- 4+ years of experience with Sourcing and Procurement roles with demonstrated success with in-depth strategic and operational sourcing and procurement management, a demonstrated working knowledge of category management; demonstrated leadership experience throughout the life cycle of category strategy development and implementation.
- 3+ years of Fleet Management experience preferred
- Experience in contract development, execution, and management.
- Experience in conducting thorough spend analysis for goods and services and develop methodology, metrics and tools to track progress.
- Experience building relationships with key stakeholders in order to gather category requirements and specifications from departments and category experts.
- Conflict management experience.
- Experience in managing and leading change initiatives involving significant impacts to the organization.
Wood is a global leader in the delivery of project, engineering and technical services to energy and industrial markets. We operate in more than 60 countries, employing around 60,000 people, with revenues of over $10 billion. We provide performance-driven solutions throughout the asset life cycle, from concept to decommissioning across a broad range of industrial markets, including the upstream, midstream and downstream oil & gas, power & process, environment and infrastructure, clean energy, mining, nuclear, and general industrial sectors. www.woodplc.com
We are an equal opportunity employer that recognises the value of a diverse workforce. All suitably qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment on the basis of objective criteria and without regard to the following (which is a non-exhaustive list): race, colour, age, religion, gender, national origin, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or other characteristics in accordance with the relevant governing laws.
If you can’t see the perfect role advertised online, the talent community is the best way to keep up to date with job opportunities and events relevant to you.
Click here to join today!