Alvarez & Marsal Holdings, LLC
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Senior Associate - Transaction Advisory/Capital Markets & Accounting Advisory
at Alvarez & Marsal Holdings, LLC
Alvarez & Marsal (“A&M”) is a leading independent global professional services firm, specializing in providing turnaround management, performance improvement and corporate advisory services. With more than 3,500 professionals based in locations across North America, Europe, Asia, and Latin America, our firm excels in problem solving and value creation. Drawing on a strong operational heritage and hands-on-approach, our professionals work closely with organizations and stakeholders to help tackle complex business issues and maximize value.
A&M is looking to expand its Transaction Advisory Capital Markets & Accounting Advisory Group in New York and Houston.
- Advise clients on a wide range of complex technical accounting and financial reporting matters, including the implementation of accounting standards, development of accounting position papers and assistance in IPOs and other capital markets transactions
- Effectively research accounting and reporting guidance and apply professional judgement to meet engagement expectations, including identification and application of relevant U.S. GAAP and related interpretive guidance, IFRS and SEC rules and regulations
- Experience with revenue recognition, purchase accounting and lease accounting a plus.
- Participate in meetings and conference calls with other A&M teams, client personnel, serving as a point of contact for client personnel for day-to-day execution of advisory services
- Assist in the development and delivery of training programs for live sessions and webcasts to be provided to A&M personnel and clients
- Bachelor's or master's degree in accounting
- Active CPA license
- The ideal candidate for the Senior Associate position will have at least 3 years of business experience at a Big Four accounting firm with mid-market audit experience across a broad range of industries, preferably with a mix of public and private company clients
- Strong working knowledge of U.S. GAAP and SEC regulations required, with SEC reporting and capital markets transaction experience a plus
- Knowledge of IFRS – a plus
- Top performer in his or her peer group
- Motivated, effective in a fast-paced environment
- Strong interpersonal and verbal communication skills
- Excellent written communication skills
- Must work well on teams and continually work to develop the knowledge and maturity to work with our clients independently
- Must have strong accounting and project management skills
- Highly analytical mind-set
- Proficient in MS Excel, Word and Power Point
- Flexibility to travel as needed for certain projects and training sessions
It is Alvarez & Marsal’s policy to provide and promote equal opportunity in employment, compensation, and other terms and conditions of employment without discrimination because of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, family medical history or genetic information, political affiliation, military service, pregnancy, marital status, family status, religion, national origin, age or disability or any other non-merit based factor in accordance with all applicable laws and regulations.
Unsolicited Resumes from Third-Party Recruiters
Please note that as per A&M policy, we do not accept unsolicited resumes from third-party recruiters unless such recruiters were engaged to provide candidates for a specified opening. Any employment agency, person or entity that submits an unsolicited resume does so with the understanding that A&M will have the right to hire that applicant at its discretion without any fee owed to the submitting employment agency, person or entity.
Alvarez & Marsal was founded in 1983 when Tony Alvarez II and Bryan Marsal recognized the opportunity to provide radically different advice and hands-on support to organizations facing operational and financial hurdles – situations demanding action, objectivity and real results.
Mavericks determined to challenge the prevailing approach to management consulting, Alvarez & Marsal's (A&M) founders helped pave the way for what became an industry: turnaround management, corporate restructuring and performance improvement for companies and stakeholders.
Often compared to corporate doctors, the founders built a culture through the years – blending together a mix of operating managers, functional experts and consultants. The firm grew at a measured pace to maintain quality and increase A&M's global reach and capabilities.
Committed to its core values, A&M has since evolved from a boutique player to the premier independent global professional services firm with a reputation for providing leadership, problem-solving and value-creation to under performing and robust companies across the industry spectrum. The firm today tackles wide ranging issues, with a focus on preserving and maximizing enterprise value.
With an operational heritage and depth of senior resources, A&M teams are able to rapidly diagnose and execute practical solutions in complex business environments by:
- Understanding Opportunities and Challenges
- Collaborating and Listening
- Planning and Partnering
- Building Consensus
- Supporting and Guiding / Leading
- Establishing a Self-Sustaining Organization
When the stakes are high, companies and stakeholders look to A&M to help find the right answer and deliver the solution in a variety of service areas. Whether serving as trusted advisers or in interim management roles to accelerate positive change, A&M professionals are on the ground across North America, Europe, the Middle East, Asia and Latin America – drawing on a proud operational heritage, never resting on our laurels.