Allied Reliability Group
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Allied Reliability Group
Job Reference #: 3688
Job LocationUS-TX-La Porte
- # of Openings
- Contract to Permanent (Full Time)
Assist on the repair and maintenance of all the equipment pertaining to warehouse operations under the assigned terminal following Katoen Natie’s standards and procedures.
- Complete work orders, records, logs and other written or computer-based documents according to established procedures.
- Perform preventive maintenance and repairs on equipment including but not limited to rolling equipment, material handling equipment, hydraulic equipment, electronic and electrical equipment.
- Troubleshoot complex problems with equipment where the repair is not immediately visible or obvious.
- Turn in detailed reports on completed tasks and report consumption of spare parts and supplies and inform the Maintenance Manager when inventory levels are low
- Wear Personal Protection Equipment following all Safety Procedures outlined by OSHA.
- Must be able to read, write and speak the English language.
- Ability to perform all basic calculations (add, subtract, multiply, divide).
- Solve practical problems, interpret instructions, and deal with a variety of variables.
- Able to work in a fast paced environment at various temperatures to complete tasks.
- Ability to perform physical activities that require lifting, walking, stooping, and handling equipment. Ability to lift and carry up to 100 lbs. to move supplies and/or equipment.
- Ability to stand and perform work duties for an extended period of time.
- Ability to handle up to 85 decibels of noise per 8 hour shifts due to heavy machinery and rolling equipment within the terminal, all according to OSHA permissible exposure limits.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
- Work other than normal scheduled hours, which may include evenings, weekends and/or holidays. According to the needs of the business.
- Ability to perform assigned work tasks with little or no supervision.
- Willingness to finish repairs within the assigned deadlines
- Higher technical education (minimum 2-3 years) or equal experience working with electrical, electronics, and mechanical equipment (e.g., forklifts, conveyers, building equipment, automated equipment)
- Understand and have working knowledge of pumps, motors, accumulators, solenoid valves, proportional valves, temperature sensors, vacuum pumps, gearboxes, and mechanically Proper use of basic shop equipment (drill press, horizontal/vertical band saw, bench grinder, cut off saw, etc.), photo electric cells, keys, keyways, filters, bolt grades, thread sizes and lubrication.
- Experience with the following machines being a plus: Palletizers, Form, Fill & Seal (FFS) machine and/or Wrappers.
- Course work or certification in welding, electrical, mechanical automation, or industrial electronics.