Alliance Transportation Group, Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Alliance Transportation Group, Inc.
- Houston, TX, USA
- Full Time
The Transportation Engineer provides roadway and drainage engineering design for a variety of transportation projects that may include schematic and PS&E level design for urban and rural transportation projects, freeway and interchange design, hydraulics and hydrology, storm sewer and culvert design, signing, pavement marking and traffic control design.
- Lead project design task assignments related to schematic and PS&E design for variety of transportation projects in accordance with federal, state and local guidelines
- Support Project Manager with adhering to project scopes, budgets and schedules, client interaction, and implementing Alliance QAQC program
- Use Microstation, GEOPAK, InRoads and OpenRoads software to develop designs of transportation projects
- Produce 3D geometric designs for roadway & highway horizontal & vertical geometry, bridges, culverts, retaining walls and embankments, intersection and interchanges, traffic control plans, utility layouts, cross sections and detail sheets
- Actively participate in implementing improvement initiatives to improve project quality and technical capabilities
- Mentor and train members of project design team on various design tasks and tools
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor of Science degree in civil engineering or related field
- 3-5 years of progressive experience in Transportation Design industry
- Expertise in Microstation and GEOPAK
- Effective communication skills, both oral and written, and able to work well in a team environment
- Detail Oriented
- Good problem-solving skills
- Licensed Professional Engineer (PE) in the state of Texas
- Experience creating animated videos for use in Transportation projects
- Experience with InRoads and OpenRoads, familiarity with GEOPAK Drainage, StormCAD, and other H&H software
- Familiarity with TXDOT standards
- Knowledge of and familiarity with transportation design manuals and regulations
Equal Opportunity Employer | Veterans | Disabled