Alliance Transportation Group, Inc.
Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Alliance Transportation Group, Inc.
- Houston, TX, USA
- Full Time
The Traffic Engineer plans, designs, and manages transportation engineering projects. As a fully competent Registered Professional Engineer, performs work involving the application of all conventional aspects of civil engineering to transportation projects.
- Provides technical and engineering support, including technical proposals and cost estimates.
- Performs traffic and transportation systems analysis, planning and design.
- Determines feasibility of projects based on analysis of collected data.
- Responsible for performance to scope, schedule and budget.
- Responsible for performance of project staff.
- Will perform a broad range transportation engineering duties with responsibility for assisting in the development of projects to TxDOT and other agency standards including: existing condition and traffic survey, feasibility analysis, report writing, schematic design, traffic engineering computation including capacity and level of service analysis, corridor studies, transportation and micro-simulation modeling, final plans, specifications and cost estimates, and construction oversight.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Degree in engineering, planning or related field.
- PE License in Texas or ability to acquire same within 3 months.
- 5 or more years of progressive experience performing engineering duties similar to those listed above. Particular consideration is given to experience with, traffic engineering studies, report writing, traffic impact analysis, signing and striping design, corridor mobility and long-term improvement analysis, and signal/electrical design.
- Expertise with engineering software, programs and methods used for duties described above.
- Must pass background and driver's record check.
- 7 or more years' experience performing projects similar to those listed above with 2 of those years managing projects.
- Experience using SYNCHRO, VISSIM and similar modeling software.
- Experience with CADD software.
- TxDOT precertification in applicable categories.
Equal Opportunity Employer | Veterans | Disabled