Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Sales Specialist - Generators
at Airgas, Inc.
Airgas, Inc., an Air Liquide company, is the nation's leading single-source supplier of gases, welding and safety products. Known locally nationwide, our distribution network serves more than one million customers of all sizes with a broad offering of top-quality products and unmatched expertise.
RED-D-ARC (an Airgas company) is the largest provider of welding and welding-related rental products and services in North America, with over 70,000 units in our fleet. Red-D-Arc currently offers rental welding-equipment through over 70 service centers in the United States, Canada, Mexico, the United Kingdom, Europe and the Middle East, as well as through Airgas construction Stores and dealer network that included the Caribbean, Puerto Rico, Trinidad, Kazakhstan and Australia.
We are seeking a highly motivated Product Specialist - Generators. This person will primarily be responsible for cold-calling, prospecting, qualifying and selling in the region.
- Provide temporary portable power solutions to Commercial and Industrial customers.
- Develop current and potential customer relationships in order to obtain or surpass the yearly revenue budgets in line with company procedures and targets.
- Support existing regional sales team with product and application guidance, as well as training when needed.
- Create and execute an annual territory sales plan, account management, cold calling, presentation development and delivery, closing deals, working with operations teams to ensure customer needs are met.
- Compiles lists of prospective customers from various sources for use as sales leads.
- Establishes a customer base in which to promote and solicit new and on-going business.
- Calls on regular and prospective customers by phone or by traveling throughout assigned territory to solicit orders and close sales.
- Displays or demonstrates product, using samples or brochures and emphasizes marketable features.
- Quote prices, contract terms, estimated delivery date, and credit terms to customers.
- Coordinate with appropriate branch office to prepare sales contracts, other documentation, and/or collection for orders and projects.
- Prepares various reports and presentations as required for sales, client meetings, expenses, etc.
- Maintain accurate reports and database records of customer contacts/activities and transactions.
- Provides technical sales assistance and work with the local selling team to increase business of existing and new accounts.
- Formulate sales revenue forecasting / projections.
- Records daily and weekly activities in the CRM system.
- Prepare accurate and current progress reports to management on the status of all pending opportunities, estimated revenues of contracts and critical customer related activities.
- Embrace and promote safety culture.
- Bachelor's degree and minimum (5) years sales experience in Power Generation/Rental Industry preferred.
- True Hunter mentality with exceptional cold calling and closing skills.
- Existing book of business and customer relationships in the region.
- Ability to travel 3-5 days per week including overnight stays.
- A self-starter with the ability to work autonomously.
- Electrical aptitude.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong analytical and leadership skills.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or disability