Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Safety Trainee / Driver
at Airgas, Inc.
- Rig up safety equipment.
- Learn how to safely operate a commercial vehicle and to obtain a CDL license [with a hazardous materials endorsement]
- Receive or assist in receiving equipment in from the field.
- Inspect equipment for damage/worn parts.
- If damage or badly worn parts are identified, set item aside for repair, part replacement, or other corrective action consistent with the company's standard procedure or supervisor's instruction.
- Breakdown equipment, work-lines stripped.
- Completely clean equipment and reassemble.
- Shop test equipment on Posicheck.
- Run pressure washer, clean and roll hoses.
- Sweep and clean shop.
- Help and support the work needs of coworkers and other employees.
- Ability to lift between 50 lbs.
- Perform other duties as requested by the Area Manager.
- 24- hour on-call as scheduled and when on-call must be able to report to work within 45 minutes
- Overnight travel required which includes travel/driving long distance; may require being out of town for extended periods of up to 60 days.QUALIFICATIONS:Education and/or Experience:
- Requires High School Diploma or GED
- Must have a valid driver's license with good driving record
- CDL with Hazardous endorsement is required within 6 months of hire; including successful completion of all DOT requirements which includes a DOT physical, drug test and background check in order for be considered for continued employment
- Good with mechanical applications for assembly/disassembly.
- Ability to climb heights.
- Ability to enter into confined spaces.
- Ability to instruct others.
- Use of hands, arms, eyes and voice and to meet all CDL medical qualification standards.
- Ability to hear in the case of an alarm situation.
- Requires mechanical aptitude.TRAINING AND DEVELOPMENT which will be required and/or available for further development:
- Airgas On-Site Safety Orientation
- Basic Plant Operations
- Basic Haz Whopper
- Basic Confined Space Entry
- Standard CPR/First Aid
- Basic Fire Training
- H2S Training
- Work Permit systems
- Accident/Incident reporting
- Fall Protection
- Ladder Safety
- Hazard Identification
- Hazardous Material 126/181
- Basic operation and maintenance of breathing air compressorsBreathing Apparatus (SCBA/SABA)
- Breathing Apparatus Maintenance and Cleaning
- Breathing Apparatus Fit Testing
- Breathing Apparatus Selection
- Breathing Apparatus Use and Manufacturer's Specifications
- Scott Field Level Maintenance trainingPersonal Protection Equipment (NFPA Level B, C & D)
- SCBA/SABA, Air Purifying Respirators
- Hooded chemical – Resistant Slash Suit
- Gloves – Chemical –Resistant
- Hard Hats
- Nomax Coveralls
- Goggles (Chemical – Splash)
- Safety Glasses
- Gloves Leather PalmDetection Equipment (Operation and Troubleshooting)
- Personal Electronic
- Portable Electronic
- Fixed Electronic
- Tube Type
- Calibration of monitors, fixed and portableReports and Forms Used/Required
- Service orders
- 24 Hour reports
- Rig up sheets
WORK ENVIRONMENT: Shop and yard environment; may be frequently exposed to wet, humid, outside weather conditions and vibration; works in customer environments; high pressure, chemicals, shop traffic. The noise level in work environment is usually moderate but can require hearing protection.PHYSICAL DEMANDS: See attached Physical and Mental Requirements for the position
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or disability