Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
at Airgas, Inc.
JOB PURPOSE: Theprimary function of this job is to safely pumps liquid nitrogen at assignedcustomer locations. Communicate dailywith district manager and field supervisor to ensure customer service levelsand efficiency of operations. Embody the Airgas Nitrogen Services safetyculture and adherence to rules and regulations.
- Operate nitrogen pumping units and supportingequipment
- Assist with rig up/ rig down of nitrogen pumping unitsand supporting equipment on the job site
- Completes all company, customer, state and federalrequired training including Smith Safe, Cone and G.O.A.L. programs
- Perform basic maintenance on all equipment.
- Communicate with supervisor regarding progress,obstacles, issues, and process improvement suggestions.
- Complies with all company policies, safety policiesand procedures, and DOT and OSHA requirements
- Willing to drive company vehicles to national fieldlocations, operate equipment in all types of weather conditions, and adhere toschedule determined by customers demand.
- Read maps and follows written and verbal geographicdirections.
- Maintain required DOT, Federal, State and companyrecords including handwritten logs or digital logs, hours of service, payrollhours, vehicle inspections, job and maintenance reports, service tickets, andshipping manifests according to state and federal DOT regulations
- Performs pre and post trip inspections on truckaccording to DOT and company maintenance checklist, if applicable
- Maintainstruck cleanliness and performs general maintenance on equipment as needed, if applicable
- Maintain appropriate driver's license with Hazmat andTanker endorsements, if applicable
- Other functions as directed by supervisor
QUALIFICATIONS:To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform eachessential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below arerepresentative of the knowledge", skills and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals withdisabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Solid organizational, team-building and people skills.The ability to work and navigate within a complex matrixed organization.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safetyrules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals using theEnglish language.
- Calm and professional demeanor, in control of workloadand able to handle multiple tasks and interruptions.
- Ability to understand and carry out oral and writteninstructions and to request clarification when needed.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-volumeenvironment
- Attention to detail with ability to organize andprioritize workflow.
- Ability to follow instructions and procedures properly
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED)preferred.
- Must be able to safely operate a forklift, pickuptruck/company car.
- Basic knowledge of cryogenic pumps, tanks, transports,hydraulic equipment and diesel engines preferred
- One year of tractor trailer or bulk tanker driving experience within the last fouryears preferred
• Must possess a valid ClassA Commercial Driver License with tanker endorsements preferred
• Must obtain a HazmatEndorsement and TWIC card within 90 days of hire date, if applicable
- Ability to add,subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers,common fractions, and decimals.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those thatmust be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions ofthis job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individualswith disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be availableto work in the field on assignment for 28 consecutive days.
- Able to talk,hear, walk, sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, orcontrols; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel or crouch.
- Specific visionabilities to include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheralvision, depth perception and ability to focus objects.
- Ability toroutinely lift, carry, push and pull 10 - 55 lbs., and occasionally push andpull 56 – 100 lbs.
- Must be able todrive hazardous cargo for 10-14 hours daily, if applicable.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representativeof those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions ofthis job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individualswith disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able towork extended hours/weekend, plus overnight stays are necessary.
- Webcam (Drive Cam)on vehicles
- The noise levelin the work environment is usually moderate to noisy
- May be exposed tooutside weather conditions, moving mechanical parts.
- Drug-free,tobacco-free workplace
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or disability