Receive alerts when this company posts new jobs.
Advanced Fabrication Specialist (Central TX)
at Airgas, Inc.
Job Status: Full Time
Job Reference #: 21277
Categories: Skilled Trades - Welders/Fabricators
SUMMARY: Large capital Outside Sales Position with subject matter expertise in the area of Welding Processes, Welding Applications and The Economics of Welding. This includes Motion devices, CNC Cutting Systems, Robotics and Controllers and Software. This Advanced Sales position is designed to shorten the sales cycle with an ultimate goal of growing and retaining core business.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: Other duties may be assigned.
- Serve as a highly proficient technical Airgas Sales Representative with prospects and existing local and national customers.
- Explain to customers how Airgas can match customer needs with the appropriate products and services.
- Increase sales and profit margin through The Efficiency Analysis, Engineered Cost Reduction and Unlocking the HIDDEN Costs of Welding
- Drive the Airgas Advanced Fabrication Sales Methodology and provide support and assistance to Airgas customers.
- Handle large capital sales concerning Automation and be familiar with Flexible, Fixed Automation applications and CNC cutting systems.
- Make customer sales calls and provide product and application training. Answer customer inquiries and satisfactorily resolve customer complaints.
- Demonstrate an advance knowledge and understanding of Welding Processes, Welding Applications, The Economics of Welding and Automation including Motion devices, Cutting Systems, Robotics, Controllers and Software to internal and external customers.
- Provide information and training concerning Airgas Shielding Gases, welding products, and services; must be able to explain each product and service.
- Operate in a safe manner at all times and be a proactive advocate of safety; promote safety by example and aggressively promote safety with other associates and customers.
- Must be willing and able to travel overnight 10-50%.
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES: This job has no supervisory responsibilities.
QUALIFICATIONS: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE:
- Must have minimum of 5 years' experience in outside sales and 10 years' in the Welding Industry. Must be highly proficient with complex / technical sales.
- Associate's degree (A.A. or A.S.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school; or two to five years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Previous industry experience strongly preferred.
- Associate Degree Welding (AAS), Military Weld training acceptable or Bachelor's degree (Engineering) from a four-year college or university is a plus.
- Must have a broad knowledge of the welding, cutting and fabrication processes common to the Airgas customer base including but not limited to:
- Manual, semi-automated and automated welding processes.
- Shielding gas applications
- Basic shop equipment used for punching, forming, bending, or rolling of both plate and structural components.
- Knowledge of welding and power equipment from many different suppliers.
- Knowledge of bulk gas facilities and distribution through manifolds, mixers and piping systems.
- Must be self-motivated and results/action oriented
- Must have presentation skills and confidence to permit selling to high-level officers of customer companies.
- Must be able to apply mathematical formulas that quantify the costs associated with the processes so analysis and comparisons may be created.
- Ability to be a team player with positive attitude towards other associates, customers and work environment.
- Must be self-motivated, success oriented, mechanically, technically and detail oriented.
- Ability to be flexible and able to adapt in the face of interrupted schedules and canceled appointments.
- Must be proficient with computer applications including but not limited to Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, and the Google platform.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, material safety data sheets, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to write routine reports and correspondence.
- Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organizations.
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals; can compute rate, ratio, and percent and to draw and interpret bar graphs.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
- Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS:
- Preference to have 2 or More of the following 4 certifications:
- CWI (Certified Welding Inspector),
- Hypertherm Mechanized Cutting
- Hard Automation (internal Airgas)
- CRAW-O or CRAW-T (Certification Robotic Arc Welding)
- Additional Certification that will be Required in the role:
- CWS (Certified Welding Supervisor)
- CWE (Certified Welding Educator) or
- NCCER Instructor, Core & Welding (National Center for Construction Education and Research)
- OSHA 10 Hour or OSHA 30 Hour card
- Additional Preferred:
- Membership within organizations such as AWS, ASM, ASNT, ASQ, ASME and SME desirable
- CWEng (Certified Welding Engineer)
- ASNT ACCP Level II or III
- TWIC Card
- Must have a valid driver's license.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl; and talk or hear.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 100 pounds.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust focus.
- Employee may be required to do traveling requiring them to be away from home for consecutive days.
WORK ENVIRONMENT: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally exposed to moving mechanical parts and risk of electrical shock
- The employee is occasionally exposed to outside weather conditions working in temperatures ranging from 20 to over 100 degrees.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status or disability